The Buckeye Thread

My computer hadn't loaded the pictures before I made my last comment, but yes, it appears you likely have a lovely little Easter Egger, and with that much wing in already, good chance of being a pullet.  Good luck.
I agree. Will be a future good egg layer.
1f609.png

That's a lovely chick, even if it's not a Buckeye. Keep an eye on it though, you never know.......... Our white chick looks much larger than the Buckeye, but it might be the photo angle. Another breed I am interested in is the Kraienkoppe. They throw white sports once in a while, from what I understand, and it would be very interesting indeed if anybody else knew of a Buckeye sport.

Soooo, I really like the two EEs I bought last week, and decided to go back and get another one, and here is what also jumped into my box:

Her name is Ginger, as in Gingersnap, because as soon as I got her home and looked at her, nothing else would do.
smile.png

Her little EE friend there is named Weetabix.

So can I be in the club now?

Adorable Finnie!!!
1f603.png

You think time is slow on day 8...it gets slower at lockdown!
1f604.png
The suspense is killing me! Best of luck this time around CanadianBuckeye!
1f44d-1f3fb.png
I really liked the hatchery Dark Cornish I had years ago. Beautiful birds but on the small side. I can just imagine that breeder stock would be so much better.

Last edited:
Nope, but I'm checking often! I think I saw some wobblers.
1f609.png
I'm guessing I won't see pips until tomorrow at day 20. I've got the eggs upright in cartons as per instructions. I'm curious about a couple eggs with those saddle-shaped air cells. They were still active yesterday when I candled them.

Back
Top Bottom