The Buckeye Thread

Just my farm page on Facebook these days.  If I were tech savvy enough I would have one set up, but haven't gotten there yet. ;)

I thought blogging would be fun but never set anything up and dont think I will. Its not worth the time if u dont have peopke reading it!!

Minniechickmama I'm glad I found the facebook page, I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything.

Holm25 carry on with your blog- you'd be amazed at how many people will read it , but most don't post a reply. Nice turkey by the way.

We're gonna' try to make the Marietta Show...only about 2.5 hours from my house and that includes quick breakfast stop! It will be our first and will be very exciting, no doubt!

EDIT: @Blueface, if you and I both make this show, I'll be very happy to finally make your acquaintance. Very good luck.

RON

wee.gif

Are you going to be showing anything Hellbender?
pop.gif

Picked up a great specimen for my aseel project while in Bama yesterday! He'll be an asset to the breeding program! These fowl are very closely related to the original Indian games that were used to create the Buckeye. In fact, this is where the Buckeye gets the pea comb. Notice the great sheen of the feathers, buckeyes inheret this trait as well from the Indian game.

Your Asil is a handsome fellow indeed.
The Buckeye chick is very cute, he's so relaxed- I'd challenge anyone to try that with another breed and see if they just sit there while being weighed! I like his (her?) frown too.... perfect.

That Aseel is beautiful!

Thats a pretty go rate of gain isnt it? If not hes still a cute lil Buck!!

Your Asil is a handsome fellow indeed.
The Buckeye chick is very cute, he's so relaxed- I'd challenge anyone to try that with another breed and see if they just sit there while being weighed! I like his (her?) frown too.... perfect.

That is probably another trait that buckeyes get from the "indian game" influence. One of the first things that drew me to the Asils was the ability to be placed somewhere and they just stay there like they were a statue. Very laid back with little natural fear of humans.

Is it possible that Nettie's rooster was an Asil cross, and not a Cornish cross at all? It's unfortunate she never took photos of the Buckeye breed foundation birds, although I suppose it was tricky to get a photo in those days.

Back
Top Bottom