The bulb

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Quail1994, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Quail1994

Quail1994 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2011
    Hi

I want to know how many watts would be needed,in a lightbulb,to get the right 100*F or closest to a 100*F that you need in this size incubatr i'm building:

*40 liter 670x350x270mm polystyrene coolerbox

[​IMG]

So what I'm asking is would I need a 40 watt or 60 watt bulb or what?

I currently have a 40 watt bulb,but I don't know if it would give the heat needed in that spesific sized box.

Thankyou.

(I also introduced myself in the introduce yourself section.) [​IMG]

2. Fat Daddy

Fat Daddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Ks
    Well welcome to the board! By your handle I assume we'll be see'n ya on the quail side. I made\\use a coolerbator that looks alot like yours. I wired it for 2, 40 watt bulbs. One on each side of the thermostat. This was a safety in case one burnt out while I wasnt around. I would highly recommend that you use a good thermostat, as in a wafer type or better. This is the heart of your bator and a hot water heater thermo just aint gonna make it in the long run. If you need help, just post up. Lots of good folks here. Again, welcome aboard and see ya on the quail side. Bill

EDIT TO ADD: I would add a puter fan and a piece of glass to the top of your bator. It will work like a dream.... shoot me a pm if you need help and cant find it. I dont spend alot of time here. Bill

Last edited: Jul 4, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by