The BYC Game Cam Thread (Add Your Own Pics!)

Quote:
Ohh! I'll have to get one, we've seen deer prints in the pasture but never actually seen a deer(even though we've sat out, baited, and put out doe urine).

-Kim

Here is the link for all the pertinent information on my game camera. It takes great daylight shots and awesome infra-red (no flash) night time shots. It operates on 6 D batteries and I've used it for 6 months straight without swapping batteries (it has a % battery level indicator). I can't say enough about it. To retrieve pictures you can either take the unit inside or use a regular SD memory card that can be removed.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=157840

The only thing I would suggest for this model to make it 100% water proof is to use electrical putty in place of the cheap plastic gasket on the door of the unit. I've kept it out in the worse storms and it has shown no wear or damage!

I want one!
smile.png

Here's an example of the nice infra-red action. No flash to startle the predator, in this case, a raccoon. It takes a picture when it senses motion and I have it set to take a second 60 seconds later. You can also set it to take 15 seconds or more of video, but I'm sure that would burn through batteries much faster. Since I keep the unit in a high traffic area (the coop), I stick with pictures, but in the woods, video would be awesome!

BTW, the time stamp is awesome for knowing when to hunt your predator. I find raccoons to be very consistent with time of visit.

8693_raccoon.jpg

Last edited:
i may get a cam to, i catch lots of coons @ possums but i often wander if my trouble may be from foxes or bobcats. great thread keep sending them pictures. KING OF THE FAT CHICKENS

Thanks! Believe me, I love seeing these pictures. Every time I download these pictures, it's like Christmas! I really would love to see everyone's pictures.

I'll get my camera back out one of these days. I keep forgetting to stock up on C batteries when I go to WalMart, Lowes, etc. It kills me to pay the price at the supermarket for 6 or more batteries. I can't believe how expensive they are!

This is after the trail camera shot, and before he ended up on the wall. LOL

27119_kill_shot.jpg

CMB, hope that's not your backyard! You have quite the array of predators to contend with, or rather, your chickens will.

Back
Top Bottom