The chicken coop has begun!

B1F4F185-95A6-4C56-AF9A-EB0EB03235BB.jpeg
BFD4715B-438A-49C6-ABD9-98248EF0E42E.jpeg
1915EFF3-6402-4956-BB45-935970A6FBF0.jpeg
AE107E77-7655-46FD-8BAF-297AFBBCBC9D.jpeg

My concern is that the only ventilation is the holes you drilled in the roofing framing? I know you have that window as well, but I assume it will be closed in winter. I would see if there was a way to create a narrow opening (covered by hardware cloth) along the coop wall that is interior to the enclosed run. So that you have ventilation between the run and coop. It would not get rained on, and would already be behind one layer of predator protection.

My concern is that the only ventilation is the holes you drilled in the roofing framing? I know you have that window as well, but I assume it will be closed in winter. I would see if there was a way to create a narrow opening (covered by hardware cloth) along the coop wall that is interior to the enclosed run. So that you have ventilation between the run and coop. It would not get rained on, and would already be behind one layer of predator protection.

No need to fear. There is more ventilation on the back of the coop as well. There is also a gap between the siding and the roof on the inside of the run.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom