The chickens are shaken and so am I

Pics
Your horses are likely to think that chicken killing is entertainment, sorry. Mine have been fine with a major daytime fox attack in their field, and aren't concerned about hawks either.
And I've seen dog tracks walking through their field during the day, not running.
Deer, on the other hand, get chased...
Mary

Your horses are likely to think that chicken killing is entertainment, sorry. Mine have been fine with a major daytime fox attack in their field, and aren't concerned about hawks either.
And I've seen dog tracks walking through their field during the day, not running.
Deer, on the other hand, get chased...
Mary
I have a dog/cat killing pony 😁

She has also killed rabbits, surprisingly enough she really likes the chickens... Go figure!

When the hens first escaped into the paddock I had a freak out attack, I ran like a mad thing out to the paddock to 'rescue' my chookies.... Only to see Sally grazing quietly with the chickens hanging out around her!!

What the heck?!!!? No accounting for the minds of animals.

So now I see the chickens hanging out with her and figure if a fox comes around its toast...

Our horses are fine with our chickens too. But apparently not enough to protect them!
Some horses I've met will attack and kill dogs, and one mare of mine tried hard to kill the first (and only) lamb she ever met. You just never know...
Mary

Our horses are fine with our chickens too. But apparently not enough to protect them!
Some horses I've met will attack and kill dogs, and one mare of mine tried hard to kill the first (and only) lamb she ever met. You just never know...
Mary
Wow poor lambie pie 😥

As for hawks I had one circling over my chookies a couple weeks ago, thankfully I was around and dragged them into the barn.

I plan on putting some netting over their run in the spring - something easy to put up/take down as our snowloads here are very heavy. My flock is barn bound in snowy weather so they r safe in there.

Never realized how much worry is involved with chickens!

I have a dog/cat killing pony 😁

She has also killed rabbits, surprisingly enough she really likes the chickens... Go figure!

When the hens first escaped into the paddock I had a freak out attack, I ran like a mad thing out to the paddock to 'rescue' my chookies.... Only to see Sally grazing quietly with the chickens hanging out around her!!

What the heck?!!!? No accounting for the minds of animals.

So now I see the chickens hanging out with her and figure if a fox comes around its toast...
I think horses tolerate chickens bc chickens eat bugs that annoy horses. It's a case of symbiosis.

Back
Top Bottom