The chicks are coming! Woo Hoo!

TinyLittleFarm

Songster
9 Years
Mar 8, 2010
Wisconsin
Hi everyone!

I've been lurking here on BYC for months as our family prepares to raise our own chickens. We're all so excited! The kids are absolutely beside themselves with joy about the chickens that are on their way.

The coop is under construction, the brooder is ready (I need to run to the store and get a lamp and some feed, but that'll just take a minute) and today I found a farmer (breeder? Hatcher? whatever) who has almost all of the varieties of birds that we want and she is just one town over. She has chicks that are 4 days old so we decided to go get them tomorrow. We were going to order, but we found these instead.

TOMORROW!!
ya.gif
:
wee.gif
clap.gif
yippiechickie.gif

We are planning on 10-12 birds including some Light Brahmas, Easter Eggers, and Buff Orpingtons.

Yay! Ohmygosh I just can't wait.

Last edited:
frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from Ohio. So glad you joined. Congrats on you new babies. That is great when you can get what you want without having to ship the chicks, less risks. Can't wait to see pics.
thumbsup.gif

Welcome to BYC from NC ...

congrats on your new chicks, I think your doing the right thing by getting them local. It just seems more 'fun' knowing exactly where the chicks were born and how the parents were raised. I took alot of pictures of the breeder and his coops and chickens too - for the scrapbook *smile*.

Post pics when you get them please *smile*

Back
Top Bottom