The chicks are here! They're here! THEY'RE HEEERRRREEE!!!!!

Esther, Ruthie, and Duckie are frizzles, Raven/Dot/Naomi/whatever (mom can't make up her mind) is a silkie/bc maran mix, Claire is a red sex link mix, and Ruby is a probable olive egger though out of what I'm not sure.

When can we tell their genders definitively?

Is there a limit to how many mealworms they can have?

I'm worried about Ruby. She seems farther behind developmentally than the others. Granted, she's one of the youngest, but Duckie was born the same day and is much more advanced. I had to put Ruby by herself to teach her how to eat worms because she just wasn't getting it. She would just stare at them with a blank expression until one of the others ate it.

Speaking of putting by themselves.... Claire freaks out when she gets a worm. She starts running in circles and chirping, trying to keep it away from her siblings. She won't eat it until I put her by herself. It's so funny.

Here's more pictures of them :)

Hahahahaha we call that Chicken Football. When one gets it then runs around while the others chase her. Love it.
We did only meal worms for the first month. Then we just got something with nuts and cracked corn in it.

THEY STILL ONLY EAT THE WORMS. UGGGG
My front yard is covered in corn

So... We got MORE chicks! LOL

Libby came from my cousin... The same one that Ruby, Claire, Ruthie, Duckie, Naomi, and Esther came from. Elsa and Furby came from @kyexotics , who it turns out lives just under an hour south of me :) Pollita, Mallory, Matilda, Mumble, Tweety, Sonia, and Mrs. McCluck came from Rural King.

Super cute! I love the names. Mrs McCluck
lau.gif

Be a little bit careful of the size of the worms. If they are too big you have to take off their heads so they don't eat their way out of the chick's craw.

Back
Top Bottom