1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

THE CLOCK IS NOW TICKING!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by rotzilla, Apr 25, 2007.

1. rotzilla

rotzilla Out Of The Brooder

Hello all my fam and i are new here and the hole chicken deal. [​IMG] Weve been checking out this site in the background for a while and learning. I thought it would be good for the kids and not to mention the eggs:p So were going to be outlaw chickeners too. I placed an order from ideal 2 1/2 weeks ago and just got off the phone with them and confirmed thier shipping today. the starter brooder is ready with all the accessories, and a larger one on the way. were getting ready to build the coop and run and looking here and other sites for all the info we can get. anywho heres what we got coming- 2- barnevelders, 2- danish brown leghorns, 2- ideal 236, 2- white faced black spanish, 2- black australorps, 1- golden campine, 1-golden lakenvelder hopefully all pullets. We were supposed to get 2 ameraucanas but they couldnt get them on the order. Ahwell ive rambled on enough for now. Wereall getting excited and cant wait. Ill try to get some pitures soon seeeeeeeyaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

2. lovemychckens

lovemychckens Out Of The Brooder

Feb 3, 2007
    Laurens, SC
    Congrats on the new chicks coming your way and have fun with them.

3. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    how exciting for you! yes, please post pics as soon as you can. [​IMG]

4. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    rotzilla, way to go on this new venture.

Should have ordered some Light Brahmas.[​IMG]

bigzio

5. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    I'm soooo excited for you!!! [​IMG] I also ordered from Ideal but mine will not be shipped until April 30th. I ordered 6 Rhode Island Red pullets, 1 male, 6 Barred Rock Pullets, 6 Ideal 236 Pullets, and 6 Ameraucana Pullets. I can't wait.

My brooder's ready, my coop is built and I've been DREAMING about chickens every night since I ordered them!!!

Be sure to let us know how everything goes. I've heard nothing but great things about Ideal so I'm sure everything will go great.

I do know that Ideal adds "males for warmth" if you don't have like 20-25 chicks ordered. Hopefully you can find a good home for the extras.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by