1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The Coop on the Home Page

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by homechick, Apr 22, 2007.

1. homechick

homechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2007
    Mineola, Tx
    Am I skipping over something? Where is the page that explains the coop that is featured on the home page? I think I remember that it's the only coop plan that requires some $$! I am interested in it but I'm wondering what the dimensions are and what's inside? Has anybody built this one? How many chickens can you squeeze in there?

2. DitzzyChic

DitzzyChic Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2007
    WV
    Gottoknit at the other BYC (not sure if she post here) posted a link to this coop at the other BYC. I have a coop book that has plans for the coop but it's not really in full detail & mostly pics. The plan sells on ebay for usually around $20. I've started a coop off the plan but it's slightly different & will have 2 sections...if we ever get it finished.[​IMG]

3. ChrissyNC

ChrissyNC Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2007
    Richlands, NC
    The chicken coop on the home page is the Playhouse coop listed on the coop design page. I have seen more plans for this design somewhere else on the web, can't remember at the moment. Maybe if you googled it?

4. MTchick

MTchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2007
    Western Montana
    That plan is on Ebay, item number 280104782854. Just go to Ebay.com and type "chicken coop plan," or that number, into the search box.

Good luck!

-MTchick

5. derbychick

derbychick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2007
    Charlestown, IN
    There was a posting from the designer on this board: go to https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=247.

If that link doesn't work, the subject is something like "green-roofed coop."

My DH is in the process of building this one (very early stages yet) [​IMG] We purchased the plan directly from Dennis for a small fee, and he willingly and promptly answered all of our novice questions. I can't wait until it's finished!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by