the crele legbar thread!🧨🧨

Here is one of mine. My crele have terrible color since they are from cream to creles that are carrying cream.

Is anyone breeding crele x crele in lines that have all the cream bred out? If so what are you doing to improve the color in your creles?

Attachments

• Pen C - Gold Cock.PNG
    Pen C - Gold Cock.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
I know when HapplessRunner was working on getting his first draft out of the proposed SOP that one of the things that he was advised to emphasize was distinguishing differences between the Cream and Crele Variety. Some suggested black crest for the Crele and cream crests of the cream, some suggested non-crested for the crele and crested for the cream, etc. I have read the Gold Standard in the PCGB standards but didn't know if there would be a lot of serious breeders that would take up the crele's is the USA so I have not gone through that standard to see how it shaped out. I do however remember my original Gold Legbars were very vibrantly colored and that the "Swavers" that I get from my gold carries that I use in my cream program are losing a lot of those vibrant colors as I work at breeding out the red enhancers in the cream lines. The Cream Standard is for a cream cape and saddle. The PCGB is for a gold cape and saddle. What is listed in the APA proposed SOP for the crele? Is it for gold Hackles and gold saddle feathers? If so the saddle and the neck hackles would have to be the same color. The vibrant colored gold birds however have a red modifier that puts a lot of chestnut on the crest and saddle feathers but not the hackles. should the Creles have the dark chestnut saddles and gold neck hackles, so should they both be a gold color? I think the dark chestnut better distinguish them from the Cream Variety and makes a more attractive bird. Opinions? What do your birds look like? Photos?

Back
Top Bottom