The Dark Side in Aurora, CO

Darth Friar.. Awesome! But I am so hoping not. We really want layers, and not table chickens. But I remember a person saying once, " Chicken, Chicken is Good!"

lol.png
I LOVE your naming strategy. And
welcome-byc.gif

you should stop in on the colorado thread some time.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/68894/colorado/13530#post_10837209.
Welcome to BYC! The Colorado thread is full of nice people, and only a little crazy.....

Hi from Aurora CO!!! Welcome to BYC Sithchickens, so you live in aurora, Colorado are you aware we are unable to have chickens in our city unless zoned for it? If you dint mind me asking....are you zoned for it or are you a fellow Underground chicken owner ;) I'm looking at getting chicks this week!! However I will be owning them illegally...and hope I do NOT get caught.:;) I love chickens and want to teach my disabled child about them and the rest of the pros of owning. I have several friends who own chickens in Aurora also and I've done ALOT of research (which almost confuses me more) on which breed would be more friendly & less skittish....any luck or advice? How long have you owned for I assume not long b/c ur naming them now :). We have a form on here for CO and also for the fight to own chickens in Aurora so please join us in our fight and once again Welcome!!! V

Yes I do live in Aurora. However, thankfully I live in unincorporated Aurora. It sucks as far as signing my kids up for City activities as they say that we have to pay non residents fees. The good news is that we fall under county rules, and Arapahoe County has no problem with chickens. Saying that, we would have gone underground to have our own chickens. Our only sidestep is our HOA says no farm animals. We are really happy to say that we have some "pet' with wings.

Well you may want to look under the forums for Colorado then go to Arapahoe Co forums: ( they were in a discussion w/ county of Arapahoe about chickens) and got a letter from the city commissioners office stating that they will not look at the matter again for backyard chickens because they loved a letter from the city commissioners office stating they wouldnt look at the bc they looked two years ago and decided NO then! So maybe your underground after all lol...good luck glad to meet you! Always glad to meet people with like intrests near me :) ~V

Last edited:
I have terrible news, there have been loose dogs around our neighborhood for a couple weeks. Animal control was trying to get them and found my chickens. Now they say we have 3 days to get rid of them. I am heart broken, but I guess I knew it was a possibility. Any suggestions? Anybody have a good Chihuahua costume that would fit a chicken?

I have terrible news, there have been loose dogs around our neighborhood for a couple weeks. Animal control was trying to get them and found my chickens. Now they say we have 3 days to get rid of them. I am heart broken, but I guess I knew it was a possibility. Any suggestions? Anybody have a good Chihuahua costume that would fit a chicken?
So sorry that happened. I assume that by now your pullets have moved on or did you keep them? How exactly did they find them in your yard, did they come into your backyard or something? I cant remember, do you live in "old Aurora" and have an alley way behind you? Sorry again...
Please help our fight to legalize hens in city limits go to city council meetings and speak (3 mins only) to tell city council why you want hens, go petitioning door to door and online for chickens we have already done the hard work for you all you need to do is get signatures...lots of them! We have a facebook page called "Chicks in Aurora" Go there and you can get all the info I just told you about. GL & sorry again for your hens discovery!

Back
Top Bottom