The Dreaded Evil Sneeze!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chseeads, Dec 3, 2009.

1. chseeads

chseeads Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    Bloomington, Indiana
    I get a kick out of my silkie rooster....

Anytime that you are within earshot of where he is, if you happen to sneeze, he lets out one of those weird growly ARRRRhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! sounds that they make and everybody else grows silent for a moment. Even if you go "Achoo!" and fake a sneeze.

There's just something sinister about a sneeze in his mind I guess that sets him off. lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    LOL Handsome fella.

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Handsome fella indeed! Quite a looker - And that is so funny! i know that with the last Plymouth Rock Roo i had, if he made that sound, i would do it back, and he'd do it again, and we'd have a sort of trilling/growling conversation going on. Quite cute!

4. chseeads

chseeads Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    Bloomington, Indiana
    He also, as it stands, seems to be the head rooster of the 4 I have. Cuckoo Marans, Silver Spangled Hamburg, Partridge Cochin, and the Silkie. He's about a month older than the rest of them, maybe that's why the littlest guy took the top spot. Most of them are just now really getting to the mature stage. The silkie has been trying to mate for quite a while now, and he is almost always spurned by every pullet...lol

I've never seen him have words with the hamburg or cochin roo, but two different times I've seen him get after the marans. The marans doesn't fight back at all when challenged, he just runs like the devil himself is after him. Actually rather hilarious to watch. lol

Mr. Silkie has also jumped into the middle of turkey fights at various times. One time here a while back he got in a pretty knock down drag out with the turkeys. He was holding his own and not backing down, but he took a decent whooping too....his comb was bloodied and it was real muddy at the time and he was filthy.

He's quite the character.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by