The Duck Crew is a mess! ***PIC HEAVY***

Cetawin

Rest in Peace 1963-2021
11 Years
Mar 20, 2008
NW Kentucky
So here are some progress pics of them at 5 weeks and a few days old.

In their brooder, which is their large pool in the garage

brooder4.jpg

brooder2-1.jpg

kitkat.jpg

They outgrew the small chicken tractor and now have moved into the makeshift large one. Hopefully in another week their duckhouse will be ready...I am shooting to have it complete weekend after next....we will see

tractor.jpg

All 11 of them getting into their small play pool...they go in and out of it all day...they also have a much larger one for supervised swim time (Yes they are all spoiled rotten)

smallpool2.jpg

This is my goofey boy a very nosey sort (who is unnamed)...a Golden Welsh Harlequin drake

drake2.jpg

noseyboy2.jpg

noseyboy3.jpg

noseyboy4.jpg

noseyboy5.jpg

My female chocolate ancona, Hershey

hershey.jpg

One of my female Golden Welsh harlequins, Nibblets

femalegwh2.jpg

This is KitKat (chocolate ancona) exiting the pool in a very goofey manner...never uses the steps. silly duck

goofball.jpg

this is Mounds my third chocolate ancona

kitkat2.jpg

Sasha (silver? ancona) and Onyx (black or tri-color ancona) being goofey as always...they are best buds

headlesssashaonyx.jpg

I thought Onyx was a typical black and white ancona but he (I believe) has suddenly began getting this beautiful teal around his eyes and a reddish brown color on his body, he may turn out to be a tri-color which is cool because his best pal is Sasha, a female ancona that I think will end up being silver.

Sasha and Onyx in the pool

omyxnsasha2.jpg

Onyx..you can see the reddish brown color in this pic

sashanonyxbacks.jpg

onyx2.jpg

He and Sasha

sashanonyx2.jpg

Sashanonyx.jpg

onyx3.jpg

Grooming is a must

onyx6.jpg

So, Onyx could be a black or tri-color male and Sasha either a silver or lavender female...nice pair and they are buddies too.

Wifezilla...see how my harlequins look so different? *sigh*

Last edited:
Very cute little goobers
big_smile.png

It still blows my mind how fast these things grow.

Our ducks do look very different. You can see the golden tones in your duck's feathers. Mine are a lot more white. The bills on mine also look more like your ancona's bills at this point. It will be interesting to see what they all look like in a few more weeks.

Which hatchery did yours come from? Mine are Metzer stock.

Last edited:
Thank you settlers
big_smile.png

Wifezilla mine came from Holderread Waterfowl Farm....

The differences between ours just amazes me...I keep watching your progress pics and looking at mine and just get amazed.

I am trying to do pics "marked" weekly so I can follow your girls too...need a boy for your girls? hehehehe looks as if I have 3 extra
gig.gif

LOL

I am at my maximum capacity for ducks otherwise I might take you up on that.

My yard is holding up so far under the daily strain of 6 ducks. Anymore though and I would have dead grass and too many mangled plants
big_smile.png

LMAO tell me about it. Between the 30 chickens and 11 ducklings...re-seeding grass will be a must for next year.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom