The Duck Diaries.

Almost a month later...
It's been so long since I updated BYDC on my ducks! So much has happened! I will try to cover as much as possible without making this too long.
First, the ducks have been outside for a couple weeks now. They are doing great and our enclosure has been wonderful! I will include a picture of that. Feel free to ask anything regarding the enclosure. They spend the night in the enclosure and during the day spend time in the yard and kiddie pool.
They, themselves, are still doing great! Such sweet ducks! I had never expected ducks to be so sweet and loving. They yell every time they hear us open the door and come running and let us pet them and pick them up. We had not put diapers on them for quite some time however, we just received our Flight Quarters diapers. They are doing okay with them but we are still adjusting. I can't forget about molt! After going through the fall molt and big kid molt at the same time, Sadie and Skip look so much different and so pretty! Skipper'a green head is gorgeous!
Other than the new living arrangement and diapering and behavior, I suppose their isn't any other major news regarding sadie and skipper.
As always, if anyone has any questions regarding my ducks feel free to ask!

They are gorgeous! Their enclosure looks great :) How old are they now?

Some Time Later: eggs, legs, and snow
It's been about three months since my last update and things have been great in duck world. Living life happily, one swim and one meal at a time.
Sadie and Skipper experienced snow for the first time this winter. Their confusion and sled-like walk through the snow was great! I sat out there and watched them for a long time! The snow also made them cold so plenty of cuddling and baths in hot water also occurred. Spoiled duck alert!
Sadie, our gal, has started laying. This gave us a chance to try duck eggs. First off, THE MENBRANE! Its no wonder why little ducklings have trouble, it is very thick! Scrambled they taste similary to store-bought chicken eggs. In baked goods, they are so rich and recadent. It is also quite fun to friends that the cookie they just bit into was made with duck eggs. Tehe! :)
Now for the other eventful part of what i have neglected to share. Sadie decided it would be fun to scare all of us and limp badly one day. We confined her for a day and watched her closely the following and she seemed a-okay. Thank god! We are still watching her to ensure she is still good.
As spring approaches, I cannot wait to spend more and more time outside with them. I adore their funny antics and personalities. Regarless of the day or time, they can always make me smile. :love
In 7 months, I have learned so much about ducks and I am eager to learn more!

BD5E55E0-8B81-4CF3-BBDC-40CF5462DDCD.jpeg
94BE1C5F-79D5-4E46-AB39-5801933CA512.jpeg
Hey, BYC. It’s been a long time! Now, most of my posts and updates that the ducks are older are on instagram (@sadieandskipper) as well as our farm-to-be account (@miniacresfarm). Feel free to visit us there! :) Meanwhile, the ducks are over a year old now and are still as sweet ever! Not a day goes by that I regret getting ducks!!
We have moved about an hour away and have purchased land to expand our animal endeavors. More ducks, and maybe a goose, is planned for spring, as well as other rescue animals a bit later! Like I mentioned, we are now on instagram and progress is being posted over there! Enjoy a few pictures and I’ll see you soon!

Back
Top Bottom