The Duck Thread

Ooops!  Forgive me - I miss posts at times….  Okay - I am not a hatcher, but we have a bunch of them on the duck forum.

I can give you this link and it should help the second question.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/incubating-and-hatching-muscovy-eggs

Let me see if I can find some incubator recommendations, or someone who can give them.

@Lacrystol

@WVduckchick

@MotorcycleChick

@Miss Lydia

Thank you so very much Amiga. I will be back on here a lil later to check out the great info. :)

I agree with duck Oakes if you can afford it, Ravyn Fallen if you can't. Though if you are buying any new incubator, you may as well spend a few extra bucks for that mini advance.
And, of course you could build your own fairly cheaply and it's not too hard. You can look up Sally sunshine for that.

Does anybody have any rouens out there or am I the only Rouen lover?

Just love their wings so much :p

I have 3 ducks and 1 drake (Muscovites). The Problem were having with the Drake right now is, he wont let the one duck out of the coop. She try's to go out and he nudges her back in. Really don't want to put food and water inside the coop.
Then give him time out and let the girls have the run of the place for a while.

Last edited:
My Pekin had a hard time walking during some of her growth spurts (not all the time). She got niacin and she could always walk, but you could see it was harder some days than others and she would lay down a lot. When she got to 6 lbs, she slowed down her growth and her legs caught up and she was fine. There were some days that she gained about 15% of her body weight so it was no wonder her legs complained a bit. So I would keep an eye on her and make sure it isn't wrong (like a twist or something), but just fatigue. And listen to anyone else with other experiences.

Thank you. I was thinking maybe she just needs more time. How long do you give Niacin?

Back
Top Bottom