The Duck Thread

My moms has had a few with broken wings. There still alive. It takes a while to heal. Long as she is eating and drinking. They our adults. They just can't fly. They stay on ground.

Pics of broken wing. Looks awful.

Broken wing and his little buddy falling asleep while they wait for us to get their water around.

Have you tried mirror or something small enough for the bird that a little more open.so when they go to the bathroom there not laying on top of it. I have had carries to there not always ideal with infections. Or a tape recorder and tape playing chick or duck sounds to stimulate them. A plastic bowl of play sand . For a child's sand box. It's none toxic children play with it.

Is it to dark. Is it to light. Is their a lot of noise other then bird sounds.do you have an incubator? If so you can place the small chick onces heated up to right temp and humidity level place food and water in it. You don't want to put eggs in it at these point. It's just to help her/ him heal. Small chick also.you have to change it out more because food spills and gets moldy smell. Put it may help them. With a tape player and birdy sounds duck/chicken. It might help them. Is it to warm or to cold.adjust heat lamp if not in incubator. Stimulation some. A depressed bird dies very fast.

An animal exercise pen works well with a cover baby chick starter home works well for chicks and ducks. They need some space to move around in.a big box you see with pumkins / watermelon in. Ask you grocery store if they have a couple you can have . I have that as well.

Back
Top Bottom