The Duck Thread

i have 2 that have olive colored bills and the rest have grey bills
This might help some. The two Khaki females have brownish bills while the Khaki drake has a green/grey bill. The other two are Swedish ducks. The drake again has a green/grey bill and the female (crested) has the darker grey bill. This seems to be consistent in all my breeds. My Cayugas have green/grey bills on the drakes and black bills on the females.

This might help some. The two Khaki females have brownish bills while the Khaki drake has a green/grey bill. The other two are Swedish ducks. The drake again has a green/grey bill and the female (crested) has the darker grey bill. This seems to be consistent in all my breeds. My Cayugas have green/grey bills on the drakes and black bills on the females.

thank you so i should have 3 ducks and 2 drakes
celebrate.gif

Today's the day! I think one of my Pekin girls has gone broody. I went to let them out this morning and she was sitting but came out and when I looked outside a little later she was back on the nest. She got off again though grabbed food and a quick swim and is now back on the nest again.

No it's not poor deit I feed them well. They our fertile because they have blood in it. And when I did an autopsy on frist set there where ducks but not alive.no it's not handling the eggs to much I bearly touch them.

It say use a heat light. No harm to egg. To the department of aguculture if things our not working. I trying to fix things.i can't just leave them all to die all the time and do nothing. Incubators need to be fumigated so they our not ready it will be a little while.

There was a lot of death. I trying to get rid of infection parasite or other bacteria . The site say in my case to fumigate. To make sure there is nothing that will effect next hatch when ever it is.

Today's the day! I think one of my Pekin girls has gone broody. I went to let them out this morning and she was sitting but came out and when I looked outside a little later she was back on the nest. She got off again though grabbed food and a quick swim and is now back on the nest again.
awesome good luck on the hatch. My KC's are 17 weeks old when should they start to lay

Back
Top Bottom