The Duck Thread

We've had our Muscovies for less than a month. They are wonderful.
x2!! They're addicting, though! Yours are lovely.
1f642.png

How often do you have to drain it? Do you have a plug in the bottom? About what size is it? Looks like something we could use. Did you get the tank at tractor supply?
Thanks!
Mandy
I try to make sure to drain it every few weeks, it has a spout on the side to drain it, The size? Umm.... I'm not exactly sure. Just look at the picture to get an idea. I got at Big R. Hope this helps!

-Catherine

I use a stock tank. I got it when the were ducklings and used it for a brooder, and now it's their pool. They get into it by a stone walkway.
I love the ramp idea!

We've had our Muscovies for less than a month. They are wonderful.
Beautiful!

I agree about the ducks, but I think the drakes are handsome. The caruncling is quite interesting and unique.

They have their own personalities - some are very likable, some aren't. Some are friendly, some aren't. Personally, I think it would be boring if they were all the same.
X2

So haven't been on much because I'm downright depressed about my ducks right now. A neighbor that has been harassing us about everything she can since we moved in called the authorities on us for our two accidental roosters and for some reason our ducks. There is no laws against having pet ducks in our area. But because they had never had any issues before they didn't know exactly how to treat the situation so they are making me cut my flock to 2. This means I have to rehome 2 of my ducks. I'm so upset. Part of me wants to say you can't just pull some arbitrary number of ducks I can have out of your butt and make them take me to court if they want me to get rid of any. The other part knows that cooperating with them now can help keep them off my back in the future. The entire situation is making me sick to my stomach when I think about it. And to top it off I just finished their enclosure and the first night they were in it one of them laid its first egg! I can't even believe I'll most likely be splitting up my perfect little duck family just because one psycho neighbor.

@AmandaMBG What is your zoning? Who is making you get rid of some of your ducks? If you're zoned agricultural you are protected from anyone complaining about chickens, ducks, or any livestock/pets you keep. Find out what your legal rights are for your area, if you are in the right, then your neighbor can be charged for harassment.

Back
Top Bottom