The Duck Thread

Love the videos..Lil duck noises make me smile
1f601.png
they are awesome

She is young about 9 weeks. She's the first Pekin I've owned. Before I only had khaki Campbells. I got runners with her and she was only chunker in the bunch so wasn't sure if it is normal or not. I've got her and a buddy in bathtub for tonight. Didn't wanna put her back outside all wet after her bath cuz it's only 50 and going into 40s tonight. She is fully feathered everywhere but her wings and a bit on her back so was paranoid about her getting chilled in Duck house outside

I'd just keep an eye one her and as long as it doesn't sound worse she's probably fine. As for her size pekins are very large ducks so her being big compared to the other ducks it normal.

I'd just keep an eye one her and as long as it doesn't sound worse she's probably fine. As for her size pekins are very large ducks so her being big compared to the other ducks it normal.

Yes I

Oh yes I know Pekin are big...Lol. I wasn't sure if her heavy size made her a noisy breather, kinda like when we get too heavy it's harder to breath...Lol. I wasn't sure as she's the only Pekin I've had personally. She is pigeon toed and couldnt reach her foot to scratch herself cuz she's so heavy. Once I put her in tub she had no problem since water have her some buoyancy. I have a small goldfish pond ive taken them to but they don't care for it yet. Thinking maybe cuz they're young and dark bottom they can't see to it. Or maybe it's still lil cold for em.

Hey guys! My friend has a three year old Heavyweight duck who has angel wing. She wants to know how she can fix him. She already lowered the protein in his diet, but it doesn't seem to change anything. Can it still be fixed? She really wants to enter him in the contest this year.

@yoopergirl1211. That's a cute mix, ducklings, chicks and kiddo

My son isn't a huge fan of chicks but he's in love with the ducks!

She is three weeks. My neighbors got her and Said they didn't have time for it

I'm still new to ducklings but if theres anyway to get more I would. Your going to fall in love and want more anyway and if I've read correctly the one you have by itself will have a hard time adjusting to others later on and will be lonely. Plus half the fun of ducks is watching them play together lol. If you can't find any locally look up hatcherys that ship near you. Not the best option and I'm still a little bitter about some bad ships this last month but if you can find a reputable one it should be fine. Alot of them do 3 duck minimum I think. Make sure you have non medicated food, water deep enough for them to dip beak and clean out nostrils. Its helpful to have nutridrench and other things in case of emergency. And brewer's yeast for niacin. Make sure you check food for non medicated. Good luck!

:love Thats a mess of ducklings!!

Hubby thinks theres only 6 lol. There always seems to be a few under heating pad. Waiting for him to notice!

They are too cute!

Last edited:
Hey guys! My friend has a three year old Heavyweight duck who has angel wing. She wants to know how she can fix him. She already lowered the protein in his diet, but it doesn't seem to change anything. Can it still be fixed? She really wants to enter him in the contest this year.
@Ducklover3449 Only thing to do at age 3 is wait for molt once all flight feather fall out and start coming back in then wrap @jchny2000 did this and she says it worked for an adult. So def worth a try.

My son isn't a huge fan of chicks but he's in love with the ducks!
I'm still new to ducklings but if theres anyway to get more I would. Your going to fall in love and want more anyway and if I've read correctly the one you have by itself will have a hard time adjusting to others later on and will be lonely. Plus half the fun of ducks is watching them play together lol. If you can't find any locally look up hatcherys that ship near you. Not the best option and I'm still a little bitter about some bad ships this last month but if you can find a reputable one it should be fine. Alot of them do 3 duck minimum I think. Make sure you have non medicated food, water deep enough for them to dip beak and clean out nostrils. Its helpful to have nutridrench and other things in case of emergency. And brewer's yeast for niacin. Make sure you check food for non medicated. Good luck!
Hubby thinks theres only 6 lol. There always seems to be a few under heating pad. Waiting for him to notice!
They are too cute!

:D

How are your snowys doing?

Hello it's 1 week since my Appleyard got his web bruised but that bruise hasnt gone :( anyone know how to make the bruise disappear :(? He' 20 days old. And he has short thick feather on the tummy part while the breast still has fuzzy fur, is that ok? He sometimes losing down on his neck but when i give him a bath, the feathers always grows a bit after the bath.
Btw, one of my friends come to my house and play with them but accidentally throw them into the brooder when he got bite, and when he pick them back the ducklings try to avoid his hand is that ok :(?

Last edited:
Hello it's 1 week since my Appleyard got his web bruised but that bruise hasnt gone
sad.png
anyone know how to make the bruise disappear
sad.png
? He' 20 days old. And he has short thick feather on the tummy part while the breast still has fuzzy fur, is that ok? He sometimes losing down on his neck but when i give him a bath, the feathers always grows a bit after the bath.
Btw, one of my friends come to my house and play with them but accidentally throw them into the brooder when he got bite, and when he pick them back the ducklings try to avoid his hand is that ok
sad.png
?
@Dennyis can you post a picture of the foot? usually bruising takes a while to go away and is usually sort of yellowish at the end.

As for feathers coming in they usually start on the end of the tail and work their way around so most likely what you seeing is normal, a pic of whole duckling might help us help you.

The duckling could have been injured internally by being thrown in to the brooder I can understand why the duckling is afraid of hands after that episode. If you want your ducklings to trust and be friendly then I would be sure all who interact with them treat them gently.

Back
Top Bottom