The Duck Thread

Bey guys need some help. The girls left these two (after killing another one) in nest and took off. I think they are shrink wrapped but not sure how far to assist. Can anyone help tag the ones that are good with this? I think @Ravynscroft right? I have them under heatlamp at 100 with wet paper towels and have been carefully wetting membrane. This just looks way worse then the others we've had to help with
20170606_183609.jpg
20170606_183618.jpg

Bey guys need some help. The girls left these two (after killing another one) in nest and took off. I think they are shrink wrapped but not sure how far to assist. Can anyone help tag the ones that are good with this? I think @Ravynscroft right? I have them under heatlamp at 100 with wet paper towels and have been carefully wetting membrane. This just looks way worse then the others we've had to help with
View attachment 1033635 View attachment 1033636

They're definitely not ready yet, huge red veins... get some coconut oil, vaseline or antibiotic ointment and spread thin coat all over the exposed membrane, will keep it moist better, reapply as needed and wait...

Okay so far so good. The red veins are going away on one. Both are still talking and moving and yawning. I have to work all day tomorrow so I'm trying to set it up for a brooder too but I'm worried about it being to hot if they hatch. I'm pretty sure my Rouen is the daddy. Neither of the already hatched chicks look nothing like Campbell babies.

Okay so far so good. The red veins are going away on one. Both are still talking and moving and yawning. I have to work all day tomorrow so I'm trying to set it up for a brooder too but I'm worried about it being to hot if they hatch. I'm pretty sure my Rouen is the daddy. Neither of the already hatched chicks look nothing like Campbell babies.

As long as the whole area isn't 100° and they can move to a cooler corner, they *should* be ok...

The cool side is at 75 right now. I normally have it cooler then that for a brooder but hoping it'll make it till my daughter gets home at 3. If they even make it out by then. Kinda wish my girls had brooded separately. Out of 14 eggs they only actually hatched two. I have two Pekings kinda doing the same thing. Only one is truly broody the other sits for most of the day but then gets up and runs around for a few hours. But I think they keep switching eggs. I find marked ones under the wrong girl.

Back
Top Bottom