The Duck Thread

Ut oh may have not made the protected area tall enough, I have never seen a duck that big as the ones you have posted. need to be sure how much modification I need to do apparently they will take up a lot more room than I figured.

I meant how old were birds as yours is same breed as one of mine

Ut oh may have not made the protected area tall enough, I have never seen a duck that big as the ones you have posted. need to be sure how much modification I need to do apparently they will take up a lot more room than I figured.

How big of an area do you have for them? Ducks grow fast, really fast and by 3 months are pretty much full grown. I have a very tall runner and one that is smaller but my tall girl is at least 2 feet tall.

Last edited:
25 sq ft by like 6 ft high with the way we did the overhead netting on the run, but when it's coup time that might be a bigger problem it's only 6ftx8-9ft and about 6-7 feet tall. can't enlarge that, I was thinking all ducks are like mallard size. She is doing great since we got her though she was alone at the store so I may just have to re home her.

sorry not good at measures, friend is the builder

Last edited:
 25 ft by like 24ft high with the way we did the overhead netting on the run, but when it's coup time that might be a bigger problem it's only 16x32 and about 6 feet tall. can't enlarge that, I was thinking all ducks are like mallard size. She is doing great since we got her though she was alone at the store so I may just have to re home her.
So your house is 16 inches by 32 inches and 6 ft tall? Sorry just trying to visualize it. Your run is 25ft by 24ft? :) you have 3 ducks, right?

Last edited:
no feet was trying to change that, I'm not the builder of our group lol went to ft that was easier for me. we have 2 ducks and 12 pullets but most of the time they are free ranging as long as weather permits

Last edited:

Which did you mean? What color? I have runners, buffs and a big Rouen hen =) and some geese =)

Success! I got two of my ducks to take treats from my hand, and as a bonus, all three now give me the head bob greeting when I come around :) Tonight is their first night in their outside "house". They seemed pretty happy.

Chrysolin, love the runners.

That's always nice, our ducks like the lettuce and look for it when we go out , always fun cause the chicks like it too only because the ducks do they don't really want to eat it. Then end up playing tug of war over it and have lots of fun for quite some time lol. Good exerciser for them all

Success! I got two of my ducks to take treats from my hand, and as a bonus, all three now give me the head bob greeting when I come around :) Tonight is their first night in their outside "house". They seemed pretty happy.

Chrysolin, love the runners.

Oh that's awesome I love the head bob and the vocals they'll make while they try to be cute so you'll give more treats lol =D

Back
Top Bottom