The Duck Thread

Pics
Haha, I know, but don't all ducks? It helps when they free range your yard. They don't eat as much when they have 24/7 access to grass.

Pekins eat the most. Its a fact that ducks can eat as much as they want and never be full. But Pekins will eat more faster then others, thats why my pekins are the fatest, my dad always mistakes them for my goose. XD

Wow, I mean I don't have to feed them as much, because they can always eat grass. I don't have 24/7 access to feed, I just feed them in the morning. Although, it does add up in the winter when all the grass is covered in snow. But other than that I haven't really had a problem feeding my pekins, I don't think I've ever had more than like 6 at a time though (besides ducklings)...

The thing is, I have to feed mine because the aria they are in has no more grass (they ate it all and the rain turned the dirt into mud and gunk) and I cant let them out into the yard or else they will come on our deck and crap everywhere and eat the cat food.

Actually, we moved about 1 1/2 years ago. Before we moved, we no grass where my ducks were being kept. Although, It didn't matter. They would constantly climb up the stairs to the deck, and get into the bucket of food. I never noticed how much they were actually eating until we moved and I kept the food bin where they couldn't get to it... maybe when I get some more ducks I'll have to start getting the food from somewhere else (I used to live by a feed store than sold the same stuff for 1/2 the price I'm spending now
th.gif
)

Last edited:
Actually, we moved about 1 1/2 years ago. Before we moved, we no grass where my ducks were being kept. Although, It didn't matter. They would constantly climb up the stairs to the deck, and get into the bucket of food. I never noticed how much they were actually eating until we moved and I kept the food bin where they couldn't get to it... maybe when I get some more ducks I'll have to start getting the food from somewhere else (I used to live by a feed store than sold the same stuff for 1/2 the price I'm spending now
th.gif
)

My dad doesnt like the ducks, they make a mess at my house, I have to buy more food more often and I have to stand outside at night and wait for them to go in, or else they wont go into the coop.

My parents don't mind them. The only thing that they dislike is the mess. I do have to clean the deck off and pay for my own feed, but in return they get some nice, free duck eggs.

My are actually pretty easily persuaded to get into the coop. In fact, when it got late they would follow me into the coop because they knew it was feeding time.

Last edited:
If I don't have the money then they'll pay for it, but I always have to pay it back eventually :/ It's okay though, cause they pay for my cats' food.

Back
Top Bottom