The Duck Thread

how do i introduce my aylesbury duckling ( 3.5 wks old) to my mallard duckling ( 7 wks old and completely wild )
ive tried putting them together but the aylesbury one keeps on pecking at the mallarrd please help
th.gif

please help

Last edited:
I have a full blooded Rouen and 4 mixes they aren't come hold me and all but that's because I hadn't been with them that much when they were ducklings but one of them did warm up to me then the others. I read ducks aren't as happy without water so I just have a kiddie pool in my coop. I keep my ducks with my chickens and they do fine. My 3 month old ducklings actually immediately became top of the pecking order even though the chickens where 3 times bigger! They don't attack but my hens leave the ducks alone and vice versa. Ducks also need niacin more than chickens do.
how do I make sure my ducks are getting more niacin than my chickens? I did not know this and that is why I love this place! thank you

how do I make sure my ducks are getting more niacin than my chickens? I did not know this and that is why I love this place! thank you
Adding niacin, 100 to 150 mg per gallon of water is the recommendation in Storey's Guide. I have read that some extra niacin won't be a problem for the chickens. And the extra niacin generally seems to be most needed the first two or three months, as the ducks' nervous systems are developing.

Some sprinkle brewer's yeast on the feed.

Adding niacin, 100 to 150 mg per gallon of water is the recommendation in Storey's Guide. I have read that some extra niacin won't be a problem for the chickens. And the extra niacin generally seems to be most needed the first two or three months, as the ducks' nervous systems are developing.

Some sprinkle brewer's yeast on the feed.
ok thank you so much!

Someone please help my duck eggs are ment to hatch tomorrow and some of them have cracks in them but it doesn't look like they have pipped the chickens get in there some times and try and get the eggs so I don't know if they did it i read some where that if the ducklings don't hatch after pipping they will die and I don't know if they have been making sound because I have been at school all day they are being sat on by my duck so if they don't hatch will she help them out

Back
Top Bottom