The Duck Thread

Forest of Ducks,

hugs.gif

My ducklings have just started to internally pip none of them have yet but they desperately trying
Keep the incubator closed that will keep the humidity up, if you open it up much it can cause them to shrink wrap. All the best that you get some healthy ducklings
fl.gif

info if you need it, but remember it's takes ducklings 24-36 hrs from internal pip to zip so don't get frantic and help them too soon if they need it, you will do more harm than good. and did you read the hatching guide?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...days-ago-but-no-external-pip-yet#post_8686492

Last edited:
Hi, i raise chickens, but i added 2 new girls to my little farm. I have 2 Emery Penciled Runner Ducklings. Cute as can be, but other than reading i dont have any knowledge about raising and caring for them Any suggestions? Do they need a house/coop?? Special foods??? What about space?

EPR_May1407_N41.jpg

Hi, i raise chickens, but i added 2 new girls to my little farm. I have 2 Emery Penciled Runner Ducklings. Cute as can be, but other than reading i dont have any knowledge about raising and caring for them Any suggestions? Do they need a house/coop?? Special foods??? What about space?
EPR_May1407_N41.jpg
They are to cute! Can runners fly?

EPR_May1407_N41.jpg

Wow, they are great!
My Runner just eats the same as my chickens, Fine layer Mash.
As for a coop, she sleep on the floor of the chicken roost, in a corner that she doesn't get pooped on. She has clean water at all times and she can get to grit.
She also has a little bath tub as a pond and plenty of free range.

Back
Top Bottom