The Duck Thread

Yes and at the moment some of them are externally pipping they are being sat on by my Mascovy my cayuga was sitting on them but she was not a very good mum so I put them under the Mascovy its my first time having ducks and I can not wait until the ducklings hatch one started to pip externally last night and the rest just copied i am pretty sure about 7-8 out of 11 should hatch I can't wait

This is my only girl at the moment she is going through her 2nd molt does this mean she is goin to lay soon? I believe she is about 4 months old

Yes and at the moment some of them are externally pipping they are being sat on by my Mascovy my cayuga was sitting on them but she was not a very good mum so I put them under the Mascovy its my first time having ducks and I can not wait until the ducklings hatch one started to pip externally last night and the rest just copied i am pretty sure about 7-8 out of 11 should hatch I can't wait
How exciting look forward to pics. Think any might be a mix of Cayuga/Muscovy? I'd think that would make a really cool looking duckling
smile.png

Don't know but there is one at the moment that has white on it neck that is hatching his shell is compleat lay cracked because she sat on it so a pealed some shell away so it would cut any vein because some of the veins are still there but here's hoping that it will be fine

Don't know but there is one at the moment that has white on it neck that is hatching his shell is compleat lay cracked because she sat on it so a pealed some shell away so it would cut any vein because some of the veins are still there but here's hoping that it will be fine
Be careful you can cause it to bleed out if veins haven't receded. sounds like you have some mixed Scovy/ Cayuga's what color is your Scovy?

Back
Top Bottom