The Duck Thread

Hi guys! I haven't been here much but I love coming here to read when I'm wondering about something. We got 4 khaki campbell babies in April, and they started laying in mid September. Since our first egg, our cuties have laid 117! We recently added a 2 year old Cayuga as well. We absolutely love our little flock and they are laying like crazy! With 5 ducks we get 4-5 eggs per day, 5 for almost a week straight. We have one especially tame khaki who lets us pick her up & pet her, and all the khakis we have raised ourselves are very friendly. We have so many eggs, I've been wondering what you all use to store them in. These cartons are only gonna last so long, and our Cayuga's eggs are way too big for them to close & stack. Any genius ideas?
get jumbo egg cartons for your jumbo eggs. they work great. you can usually find them at any farm and feed store.

Thanks. I have looked for those at the farm supply place, but they don't have any that are big enough. I'll have to check online. I just wondered if there was some magical product out there that made them store easily, since we have so many! Maybe I'll have to design something.

Thanks. I have looked for those at the farm supply place, but they don't have any that are big enough. I'll have to check online. I just wondered if there was some magical product out there that made them store easily, since we have so many! Maybe I'll have to design something.
try eggcartonstore.com

Hey thought I would post a cute Picture of Maggy from Halloween! She is a butterfly!
love.gif

A couple years ago when we had 70 chickens who laid all winter, we donated a lot to the animal shelter for food. We also found we could freeze eggs in the shell and use them in baking - didn't try thawing them and using for omelets although there's no reason why they wouldn't be fine as long as the shell stayed intact. You can also prepare recipes using eggs such as cake, pancakes, french toast . . . and freeze them.

yes both boys! were hoping for eggs, but found out they were both boys and said oh well! that's what are chickens are for! these guys are so attached to each other! we just have them as pets, and we love them! can anyone tell me how they provide a bath for their ducks in the winter time?

Back
Top Bottom