The Duck Thread

Ellaluvsbirds is right to point out that it may be a bit of a challenge. I do think you are right to be concerned about the smaller male. Adding only one female could well be deadly for her, and yes, could stir up more antagonism between the males.

If it were me, I would separate them so that they could still see each other. Things may well calm down after mating season. I feel that if someone were to come up with something benign that would suppress libido for drakes, they could make a mint.
lol.png

yesss.gif
Found our first egg today
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
Not sure who laid it though
hu.gif
Pekin or a Swed. 19 weeks old tomorrow. It was laying in the entrance of their night pen. So much for the nest boxes, lol.

Great Idea with this thread! We raise Ancona ducks, Indian Runner ducks and Silkie ducks. This year a family of bobcats tore into the silkie duck pen and took all 3 of our drakes and 3 hens leaving us with no drakes so we won't have silkies available this year, however we are getting ducklings from Holderread to replace our lost silkies so either the Fall or next year on them. Too bad :( but can you help me sex my Muscovy ducklings?
[COLOR=FF8C00]I wanted to make this thread so all duck lovers can get to one place and share everything they know.Feel free to post pics and questions.[/COLOR]

Oh, question, what breed of duck is this? When I first saw it I thought it was a Buff, but then other photos I've seen of Buff Drakes since didn't really look like him. I've only had ducks a few months now, so still learning.

I went to my local flock swap like a month ago with some extra pullets I needed to sell. A woman showed up with her daughters and this pet duck who really needed a mate. She said she had kept putting off rehoming him as she worried he would end up on someone's table. She was really happy when I told her I could give him a home with some girls as a pet. She didn't want money for him, so I gave her some Easter Egger pullets since she wanted to just keep chickens. Anyway, she didn't know what breed he was, just that he was about a year old.

Oh, question, what breed of duck is this? When I first saw it I thought it was a Buff, but then other photos I've seen of Buff Drakes since didn't really look like him. I've only had ducks a few months now, so still learning.

I went to my local flock swap like a month ago with some extra pullets I needed to sell. A woman showed up with her daughters and this pet duck who really needed a mate. She said she had kept putting off rehoming him as she worried he would end up on someone's table. She was really happy when I told her I could give him a home with some girls as a pet. She didn't want money for him, so I gave her some Easter Egger pullets since she wanted to just keep chickens. Anyway, she didn't know what breed he was, just that he was about a year old.
He sure is gorgeous not sure on breed though. Nice of you to give him a home.

Help Today is hatch day for my ducks I'm worried that they are dead two days ago they where moving nothing today and Now some of the eggshells are stained black, looking like something that has a water stain so are they dead or should I wait Oh I did have two ducks hatch out two days ago and doing good

Back
Top Bottom