The Duck Thread

I hope so. I wanted Cayuga ducks since I saw pics of the drakes. They are stunning. But I didn't give in to temptation until I saw that Ebony, the only black duck in the flock was an outcast. I used the opportunity to get the Cayugas I wanted as companions for her. I was lucky the way things worked put. She will still be the smallest duck in the flock, but not the only black duck. And if she raises them, they will bond and she will have a family of sorts. It's my hope that by spending so much time with them she adopts them and looks after them. I'd love to see her all healed with ducklings following her around.

How are Ebony and the ducklings?

They are all fine. Ebony laid today so she isn't feeling broody. But maybe spending so much time with the littles will awaken her maternal instincts. At the very least though she is tolerant of them, allowing them to snuggle next to her and climb on her back. So just gonna have to let them spend time and see if she will adopt them or not. Her presence does calm the little ones down so she is helping them a little already.

there here all five came there are like midgets next to the pekins those cayugas sure are small

love.gif
adorable.

Back
Top Bottom