The Duck Thread

He will be a year old this Friday. When do male ducks start to show their testosterone? haha! What signs should I look for? I don't know how I would fence them off in the coop and still allow for the hens to come out to eat and drink. My husband plans on making a separate area and coop for him and his lady friends, but that won't be happening for at least a month or two. He follows her around everywhere. I haven't seen him try to mate with her, but what should I be on the look out for? I don't want to move him out of that run until I have his lady friends. Maybe I will call the lady at the farm today and find out if I can get him a new lady by the weekend. But will the new duck have to be separated from the flock until they adjust? I know with my chickens I have to do that. thank you everyone!

we bought 6 full grown ducks yesterday only five bucks a piece theres cayugas a cross and one that I'll take pics of and ask i think hes a cross also

We are in Tempe Arizona, does anyone have a suggestion where we could get a mate for our new duckling?? Local would be best for us..

Go to the "where am i where are you" thread scroll up from here, and look for the AZ thread you may find just what your looking for.  Good luck 

Yes we did last night.. Most of us on the Arizona thread have chickens.. Looking for a duck person here in the Phoenix area.. Hoping someone here has a connection for a local breeder. Rather than a pet store.. Thank you ...

I just ran out of chick starter and I'm headed to the feed store and was wondering if I should get more feed starter for my 5 week old ducklings or if they need a different feed like pellets?

I just ran out of chick starter and I'm headed to the feed store and was wondering if I should get more feed starter for my 5 week old ducklings or if they need a different feed like pellets?
I'd go with either grower or all flock since your ducks are 5 weeks old they don't need starter any longer. As far as pellets verses crumble pellets aren't as messy.

Well I stopped at the farm today after dr appointment and got our Frick his lady! Meet Mrs. Frick! lol

But....Frick still has not left the guarding of the broody hens! not even to come meet his new wife!

Back
Top Bottom