The Duck Thread

It's a little cold outside to take him with me? I'm waiting on the other half to get here. his balance is poor. Peeps have slowed down. I couldn't resist, he's in y arms now...if he doesn't make it I want to be holding him. Were sitting in front of a heater.

at 752

Now 823 in my arms....

hugs.gif

Ok so the duck I was talking about a few days ago, I've been doing everything the only thing left is to get the infection out I was going to poke a safety pin or something in the bottom of its foot. Anything I should do to be safer of make it almost harmless to the duck?

Ok so the duck I was talking about a few days ago, I've been doing everything the only thing left is to get the infection out I was going to poke a safety pin or something in the bottom of its foot. Anything I should do to be safer of make it almost harmless to the duck?

Ducks don't have pus like us. poking a safety pin in the bottom of the foot isn't going to do anything but hurt. You need to soak the foot in Epsom salt water then dry and apply colorless iodine to the foot. do the soaks every day the colorless iodine every 3 days. till you can peel the scab off and pull out the plug that will be the pus. no need to cut or stick anything in. I used a pair of tweezers after pouring alcohol over them to sterilize. to pull out the plug. This isn't an over night fix it can take a week to several you just have to keep at it.

Well I've been doing everything the past week and the swelling hasn't gone down I've noticed the swelling getting bigger I don't know what to do

Back
Top Bottom