The Duck Thread

Anybody in north florida/ south georiga? heres whats going on. I recently got two ducklings (one welsh harlequin believed to be a male, one caguya believed to be a female)
everything was going great right,
until my long time fiancé and I broke up. now I can't even get out of bed, much less take care of two very deserving ducklings. they're about 5-6 weeks old. born in late may. I knew when i got them that it was almost impossible to rehome ducks. trust me when i tell you this break up was very unexpected. and the only reason I'm doing this is because they deserve better. They're very sweet, okay with being handled, okay with my dogs,okay with being in diapers and will come with 2 diapers they fit into now and two they will fit into in the near future, a bag of food, and grit, and one feeder thing, and one watery thing. (which i have recently discovered don't really work, because they knock them over)
Im not really looking to get any money for this, but i will meet somewhere, anytime really, seeing as i don't have a job.
I don't need any hate on this post, trust me, my life is miserable enough as is.
Thank you to anybody that can help me. this has been cross posted. Im pretty desperate.
I'm so sorry your going through this and hope you can find forever homes for your ducks.. We do have a Re homing thread here on BYC and also a Buy Sell Trade thread keep scrolling down past the duck thread.

Eggs, I have eggs!!! I know, you're all surprised that I have eggs.... Anyway I don't know whose they are?!?!? I think they must be either my mallard/chocolate runners or my Cayuga/ Swedish blues.... They're light blue ish....

Hi no duck eggs viable out of like 20 eggs?!? But today is day 18 for the chicken eggs my dad found in his yard. They are going strong. Do I lockdown now or later today do I turn the eggs today? Turned once this morning at 7am....have no idea what I'm doing
How are your eggs doing?

-Kathy

if they are full grown, you could realease them at a nearby pond. They can survive on their own if you can't find a home for them
Oh, duck213, no, not domestics, no they cannot survive on their own. If you need some more information, let me know. I am not going to get ugly about it - I will assume there are facts you aren't yet aware of.

I'm not trying to change the subject but I have a question about something that is kind of worrying me...
Has anyone else ever had their horse eat some of their duck food? I have the Purina Flock Raiser Crumbles. And one of my horses ate some. Will it hurt him?

Ingredients:
Grain Products, Plant Protein Products, Processed Grain By-Products, Calcium Carbonate Molasses Products, Soybean Oil, Monocalcium Phosphate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Salt DL-Methionine, L-Lysine, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Sulfate, Choline Chloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K), Riboflavin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin A Supplement, Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Tagetes (Aztec Marigold) Extract (Color), Dried Aspergillus oryzae Fermentation Extract, Manganous Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Inulin, Calcium Iodate, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Sodium Selenite, Dried Pediococcus acidilacticii Fermentation Product, Dried Bificobacterium animalis Fermentation product, Dried Lactobacillus reuteri Fermentation Product, Diatomaceous Earth

I'm not trying to change the subject but I have a question about something that is kind of worrying me...
Has anyone else ever had their horse eat some of their duck food? I have the Purina Flock Raiser Crumbles. And one of my horses ate some. Will it hurt him?
Your horse will be fine.
big_smile.png
Mine follow me around eating lay pellets, scratch, chick starter and turkey starter.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom