The Duck Thread

Well I guess the pekin is going to try to hatch again too :th This is ridiculous, lol. I guess life is just so good over here everyone thinks more babies should enjoy it, because now I have two broody hens, a broody goose, and a broody pekin! Two days ago I had one broody hen and that was it. So I took two of the pekin's eggs and gave them to Lacie, and let Sugar keep the rest. She's also got a couple chicken eggs in the nest that I'm going to have to take soon.

Oh, and I apparently have two more pekins now. At the feeder today were a male and female pekin that I didn't have before. They were eating like they were starved. I think they possibly came from my neighbor who does not have the best track record as far as proper poultry care goes. At least I know their flock is clean of diseases. We'll see if they stick around.

Lol you must be the local 'duck' whisperer!! :)

Well I guess the pekin is going to try to hatch again too
th.gif
This is ridiculous, lol. I guess life is just so good over here everyone thinks more babies should enjoy it, because now I have two broody hens, a broody goose, and a broody pekin! Two days ago I had one broody hen and that was it. So I took two of the pekin's eggs and gave them to Lacie, and let Sugar keep the rest. She's also got a couple chicken eggs in the nest that I'm going to have to take soon.

Oh, and I apparently have two more pekins now. At the feeder today were a male and female pekin that I didn't have before. They were eating like they were starved. I think they possibly came from my neighbor who does not have the best track record as far as proper poultry care goes. At least I know their flock is clean of diseases. We'll see if they stick around.

LOL...broody, broody everywhere. I'm kind of jealous.
big_smile.png
Yep, living the good life at your place...attracts more birds and encourages mama behavior. Hope you'll keep us posted! Baby pics would be awesome!

Well I guess the pekin is going to try to hatch again too
th.gif
This is ridiculous, lol. I guess life is just so good over here everyone thinks more babies should enjoy it, because now I have two broody hens, a broody goose, and a broody pekin! Two days ago I had one broody hen and that was it. So I took two of the pekin's eggs and gave them to Lacie, and let Sugar keep the rest. She's also got a couple chicken eggs in the nest that I'm going to have to take soon.

ROFL. Woke up this morning and had two extra ducks.
lau.gif

i gave my ducks some goldfish i bought at walmart, they love it

Call duckies! <3 Heh, I still remember the first time I got goldfish for my lil' terrors. They didn't have a clue what to do with them. Wobbles got the hang of it after about 15 minutes but Bean just did not have a handle on the situation at all. I had to catch some in a cup for her, and even then it took a full 90 seconds of side-eye and half-hearted bill clacking before she got one. Then she gave me this look of shock, like she was saying "Whoa! Is there anything water CAN'T do?"

Last edited:
Have a question.i bought a pair of ducklings, cayugas. The male is obviously a male. Has a drake call, the curled tail and all. But i have a female, that is getting more green shiney plumage then him, and has produced a curled duck tail. Any thoughts.

Have a question.i bought a pair of ducklings, cayugas. The male is obviously a male. Has a drake call, the curled tail and all. But i have a female, that is getting more green shiney plumage then him, and has produced a curled duck tail. Any thoughts.

You have two drakes. Congratulations. :)

You have two drakes. Congratulations. :)
but im confused. It quacks like a hen. In the past the calls have always been different. One that has more of a rasp, the drakes. And a clear quack, the hens. I know she is a she, it lays. Just wondering why a heb would have a curled duck tale and traits of a male.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom