The Duck Thread

that is one awesome little duck

Thanks Caesargirl, the one that hatched is spoiled already, I put him in the brooder, which is a big plastic tote with light and food, all he wants to do is cry. The first egg that pipped a little hole has made a little bigger hole but has not zipped yet. I noticed three other eggs have little pecks in them but not quite through. This is 28 1/2 day. What do u think about the first one that hasnt gotten very far? He is still alive I can see movement in the little hole

Thanks Caesargirl, the one that hatched is spoiled already, I put him in the brooder, which is a big plastic tote with light and food, all he wants to do is cry. The first egg that pipped a little hole has made a little bigger hole but has not zipped yet. I noticed three other eggs have little pecks in them but not quite through. This is 28 1/2 day. What do u think about the first one that hasnt gotten very far? He is still alive I can see movement in the little hole

For the little one in the brooder, put in a mirror and stuffed animal...for company.
The egg that has a hole but not hatched, just keep an eye on it. It's starting to chip out some more. And remember, today is when hatches were supposed to begin. Keep your humidity up. Also, keep the lid closed. Don't want to shrink wrap anyone!!! If you want, peeping at the bator does help! You can even use a YouTube video of ducklings peeping! If you can keep the hatched one really warm, have him peep at the bator!

Hey ceasargirl I just helped the little one out of his shell everything looks good on him, no bleeding or anything! Thank the lord! Here is a pic
You are doing great as a duckling mid-wife but I would not give up my day job to become a photographer if I was you. Seriously though, you did a great job helping the little one. Hope the others go smoothly.

Back
Top Bottom