The Duck Thread

You got it! :D

I tagged you, but you found the 2nd post first, lol... :gig
Ha-ha. That's funny. True, I did. It pre opens in my email and I open it up, see what you have written then a big blank space and I know there is pictures so I immediately select go to post and voila, there's Lady Grey's baby child in your hand.

Yes ceasargirl there are 7 more eggs in the bator, on 5 of them they have started the pipping and when I put my ear to them I can hear them pipping, does that mean they will be zipping and hatching soon. I just looked in on them and they haven't got a hole in them yet. I hope these make it. Today is 28 1/2 day.

Yes ceasargirl there are 7 more eggs in the bator, on 5 of them they have started the pipping and when I put my ear to them I can hear them pipping, does that mean they will be zipping and hatching soon. I just looked in on them and they haven't got a hole in them yet. I hope these make it. Today is 28 1/2 day.

Wow, an excellent hatch going on!!! You seem to be right on track with eggs pipping. Just don't open the bator unless you have to. It will shrink wrap the babies that are in there. I'm wicked excited for you. Love hatching ducklings! Fingers are crossed......

Last edited:
Thank you, two have pipped through trying to zipp, I can hear them pipping loud, the other three I can hear them in the shell but no external pipping.
SIT ON YOUR HANDS !!
smile.png
Exciting !

Not to veer off topic, but just curious. To those with mallards, do you notice them get kind of "flighty" at a certain time of the year? It is winter here in Ohio now, and I've been leery of letting my ducks out of their pen for a few weeks now. My two mallard girls keep wandering away from the flock and, despite clipped wings, managed to fly/fall in short bursts for a few feet. My mallard crosses (mallard/pekin and mallard/runner) are also very flappy and wandering. The last two times I've let them out to forage, they suddenly run and take off, and are resistant to come back, even for treats.

My other ducks (Cayuga, WH, pekin, buff and runners) have no problem coming back and don't wander much at all. My male mallard also doesn't wander, but he is so dedicated and attached to my crippled pekin, so he doesn't move much either, lol. Just wondering, really.

And now here are some pictures because who doesn't like duck pictures?? Note: the pics are a couple months old because it is dark when I go to work and dark when I get home now, so I can't get new pics :(

The "good ones"

The "rebels"

Group picture

Back
Top Bottom