The Duck Thread

@Julie Bird

Day old Call baby with Io at 6 days old... :)

We too are having unusually warm weather - it rained all day today but so far no snow to speak of up here in VT.

As an update on the wandering duck situation, the drake left to got back over to his girlfriend. I saw him come running over the other day to eat but then he scurried right back off. Today though as I was feeding my flock I saw a chicken way out in my backyard that I thought might be mine but as I approached it it ran off - not something mine do so it must have been the neighbor's. But as a I was walking over there I caught Mr Pekin in my yard - with his girlfriend. So if she was penned up she either escaped or was turned out. I expect I'll be seeing them again soon, and if he brings his girlfriend with him this time, I'm betting they'll stay.

My other four are doing well. Hershey and Sugar are living the free range life and adored the rainy weather today. Pumpkin and Pie are still waiting on their girlfriends, but I've promised them I will be ordering them this winter so they'll be here in early spring and old enough to lay eggs in late summer. I expect they are thrilled with this news
tongue.png
I hope they come back and you keep them, just wandering around with no shelter at night it's only a matter of time. I too love the names of your birds. Maybe you can even coax a chicken into your flock.
wink.png

Ceasargirl all hatched except two one had died in the shell, he was fully developed and the other one never did anything. The last one helped him out of the shell, he has a pompom on his head, the mama duck has one. Three of them have pompoms. Here they r

@Julie Bird

Day old Call baby with Io at 6 days old... :)
OK. I honestly just sucked in air and stopped breathing at the sight of Io and her new precious little fluff pal. I cannot believe how teensy they are. They both Eeeeeeeeeeeeee fit in your hand. Why are they so cute? I bet she is so glad to have some buddies now. Imagine the cheeping. Love that sound. Thank you for the tag, RavynFallen.

I see Io's webs. Is that a tape measure under new baby? Mini ducks. Hoopoose!!!!!!

Last edited:
Ceasargirl all hatched except two one had died in the shell, he was fully developed and the other one never did anything. The last one helped him out of the shell, he has a pompom on his head, the mama duck has one. Three of them have pompoms. Here they r
Squeeeeeeeeeeee!! Great job. They are such a cute gang of child birds there on the hardwood floor. Their webs = adorable on it.

Back
Top Bottom