The Duck Thread

Snow flake wants to help with egg nesting in box. So I but more eggs out there so there's 3 nesting boxes of eggs. I don't want them arguing over them. They can choose which box they want.

Snow flake wants to help with egg nesting in box. So I but more eggs out there so there's 3 nesting boxes of eggs. I don't want them arguing over them. They can choose which box they want.
Of course you could end up with my kind of luck. Everyone wants the same nest box and no one wants to share.
lau.gif

Could you by chance post a few more pics of them if you have any? I have a duck that I'm trying to determine if it's pekin/mallard. I'm pretty certain she is, but I have nothing to compare her to.

Of course! There really aren't many pictures of the cross. Mine have the mallard feather pattern and the pekin build.

Good morning I'm new, avid duck lover, just had my friend build this duck cabin for me it will be floated in my heart shaped pond..... The pond was heart shaped when I bought the place I swear

hey guys just bought my first ever ducks and was wanting to know what kind duck this is and whats it mixed with??

and i think its a drake??
and is my indian runner a chocolate? and is a female?

how are Runners on egg laying? do they go broody? just give me all the details on them please
thanks in advance

hey guys just bought my first ever ducks and was wanting to know what kind duck this is and whats it mixed with??

and i think its a drake??
and is my indian runner a chocolate? and is a female?

how are Runners on egg laying? do they go broody? just give me all the details on them please
thanks in advance
The top picture is definitely a drake. As for the Runner, it looks to be a female but its tail is pretty tattered so could be a male missing the drake feather. Bill color on the runner does suggest a female. As for broody. I have read a number of places that Runners don't go broody the way other ducks do. But I know a number of people that have Runners that go broody every year a couple of times.

The top picture is definitely a drake. As for the Runner, it looks to be a female but its tail is pretty tattered so could be a male missing the drake feather. Bill color on the runner does suggest a female. As for broody. I have read a number of places that Runners don't go broody the way other ducks do. But I know a number of people that have Runners that go broody every year a couple of times.
Yeah he has the drake curl, and I think she's a female. The person I bought her from says they always go broody

I'll get better pics tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom