The Duck Thread

BUMBLEFOOT **
So I check my ducks feet every two days. Noticed today Squeak it startin to get bumble foot. Hasn't even got a black head of it yet, just a bump with a tiny hole. What should I do? I've been looking it up all day and so many peo0le say different things. Really would appreciate any response. Thank you.

BUMBLEFOOT **
So I check my ducks feet every two days. Noticed today Squeak it startin to get bumble foot. Hasn't even got a black head of it yet, just a bump with a tiny hole. What should I do? I've been looking it up all day and so many peo0le say different things. Really would appreciate any response. Thank you.
I'd start with Epsom salt soaks and a dab of colorless iodine after the foot dries. maybe do this a couple times a week and see if it doesn't heal up. You caught it early. Good for you. Do not let ducks drink Epsom salt water it is also used for a laxative.You can soak in ES as much as you want 1/2 cup to gal of warm water I just wouldn't use the colorless iodine everyday maybe every three days.

BUMBLEFOOT **

First - don't cut. No need, too risky.

I would make sure the hole is not a broken-off splinter. Then I'd just rub triple antibiotic ointment without painkiller on the foot twice a day, especially right before bedtime.

I would do this for a couple of weeks at least - monitor the bump.

Last edited:
First - don't cut.  No need, too risky.

I would make sure the hole is not a broken-off splinter.  Then I'd just rub triple antibiotic ointment without painkiller on the foot twice a day, especially right before bedtime.

I would do this for a couple of weeks at least - monitor the bump.

Thank god someone's told me I don't need to do that. I've checked for a splinter and had no luck in finding anything.

Thanks I will do that.

I'd start with Epsom salt soaks and a dab of colorless iodine after the foot dries. maybe do this a couple times a week and see if it doesn't heal up. You caught it early. Good for you. Do not let ducks drink Epsom salt water it is also used for a laxative.You can soak in ES as much as you want 1/2 cup to gal of warm water I just wouldn't use the colorless iodine everyday maybe every three days.

Okay great will start that tonight. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom