The Duck Thread

I was just having fun with the
1f622.png
face. I have never had duck but I hear they are good and all dark meat. Maybe fix it up like chicken? I'm all for home grown meat. Cow,pig,chicken, and even duck.
1f60e.png

I saw some other responses, but wanted to offer some of my own recommendations. If you have duck skin render that into duck fat. It's amazing. I like to fry Brussels sprouts in it and serve it up as a salad with homemade pickled fennel.

Duck meat is a red meat culinarily speaking. My favorite way to cook up duck breast is a Japanese style kamo rosu, which sears the duck in a soy/sake/mirin mix then marinates for at least a day. It's served cold and when ever I make it its gone in a Matter of minutes.

Duck confit is also one of my go to's. There's lots of recipes online for it, so my only comment here is that it's a great recipe for when you have older ducks that aren't really going to make a good roaster. For those older birds I've last ground the breast meat up to make homemade duck ravioli.

I'm hoping to try my hand at duck pruscitto this fall, as well as some Chinese style webs in red sauce.

They're really a very versatile meat source and just about every type of cuisine has a few ways of cooking them up.

I saw some other responses, but wanted to offer some of my own recommendations. If you have duck skin render that into duck fat. It's amazing. I like to fry Brussels sprouts in it and serve it up as a salad with homemade pickled fennel.

Duck meat is a red meat culinarily speaking. My favorite way to cook up duck breast is a Japanese style kamo rosu, which sears the duck in a soy/sake/mirin mix then marinates for at least a day. It's served cold and when ever I make it its gone in a Matter of minutes.

Duck confit is also one of my go to's. There's lots of recipes online for it, so my only comment here is that it's a great recipe for when you have older ducks that aren't really going to make a good roaster. For those older birds I've last ground the breast meat up to make homemade duck ravioli.

I'm hoping to try my hand at duck pruscitto this fall, as well as some Chinese style webs in red sauce.

They're really a very versatile meat source and just about every type of cuisine has a few ways of cooking them up.
that sounds yummy

Can I hire you as a cook?

Back
Top Bottom