The Duck Thread

we're building a new duck house this weekend, loosely based on these plans. http://www.flytesofancy.co.uk/chickenhouses/Classic_Duck_Houses.html How high up off the ground would you make the house? i'm worried that if we just do little stilts as pictured, that rats will set up shop under the duck house. If we go a bit higher, like a foot off the ground will our runner ducks still be able to climb up the ramp? i've heard that they don't like to climb at all.

I am confused!!!! Why is it when you place a picture in your quote that it puts it at the TOP of the "quote" page. When I try to move it I can't get it to go down. Any help would be appreciated!!!

This was supposed to be a post about the duck house. When I type in words it looks fine (other than the picture is in the wrong place) but when I submit it all the writing goes away. If I go in to edit it they are all there! Help! Is it me or the website???

Mandy

The angle of the ramp at the ground should not be greater than 45 degrees.

@MandyJ might not be you after all... seems the site is doing strange things tonight. The picture should appear wherever you have your cursor when you upload it.

For what it's worth, I recall the maximum angle as 30 degrees.... and some ducks don't read the manual after all, so try something that you think will work, and find out if the ducks agree.
hugs.gif

For what it's worth, I recall the maximum angle as 30 degrees.... and some ducks don't read the manual after all, so try something that you think will work, and find out if the ducks agree. :hugs

X2

I've also heard that really, really short (or thin?) astroturf type stuff works great for covering ramps for traction... really short so they don't eat eat, lol...

For all those who gave me advice a few days ago, lookie what we've got this morning! 3 lovely Mallard ducklings, and I think one more on the way.
love.gif

Celine did a fabulous job incubating considering this is her first brood of duckies. And the best part is watching babies and mommy snuggling!
smile.png
So much more fun and rewarding than receiving them in a box through the mail and sticking them in a brooder.

~Alex

Last edited:
For all those who gave me advice a few days ago, lookie what we've got this morning! 3 lovely Mallard ducklings, and I think one more on the way.
love.gif

Celine did a fabulous job incubating considering this is her first brood of duckies. And the best part is watching babies and mommy snuggling!
smile.png
So much more fun and rewarding than receiving them in a box through the mail and sticking them in a brooder.

~Alex

~Alex
Beautiful pictures... Congrats!! to mama and you

For all those who gave me advice a few days ago, lookie what we've got this morning! 3 lovely Mallard ducklings, and I think one more on the way. :love Celine did a fabulous job incubating considering this is her first brood of duckies. And the best part is watching babies and mommy snuggling! :) So much more fun and rewarding than receiving them in a box through the mail and sticking them in a brooder. ~Alex
rock on mommy duck. Great job. Yahoooo

Back
Top Bottom