The Duck Thread

Those Kahki Campbell ducklings!!!♡

@ MissLydia thank you for the reply

Yeah my muscovies are about two years old. They had not been laying til now. None have gone broody.
We had a hideously hot summer (several days got to 100-104) and I lost my male to a racoon or badger. I think maybe it's been stressful for them?

They have a pond with fish and crawfish and to get and they get feed mixed with sorgum, cracked corn and sunflower seeds as treats twice a day.

I have them up to date with their de-worming and don't seem sick in anyway.

Those Kahki Campbell ducklings!!!♡

@ MissLydia thank you for the reply

Yeah my muscovies are about two years old. They had not been laying til now. None have gone broody.
We had a hideously hot summer (several days got to 100-104) and I lost my male to a racoon or badger. I think maybe it's been stressful for them?

They have a pond with fish and crawfish and to get and they get feed mixed with sorgum, cracked corn and sunflower seeds as treats twice a day.

I have them up to date with their de-worming and don't seem sick in anyway.
Sorry to hear you lost your drake . Yes being stressed can def cause them not to lay. Hopefully when spring comes around you'll see eggs again. Keep them safe preds will be out more looking for an easy meal.

I know! There are like 5 hawks that flock about in the corn field next to our place. They've been SUPER active.

They mostly keep to the rats in the field, but they creep me out when they fly by.
Gonna set up a nice 60'X30' aviary with old shrimp nets as soon as I can get em

Today is day two of filling the pond our well isn't very deep so we can't just fill it constantly this is the last time filling and cleaning the ducks pool and pond for the year so once this gets all dirty and it is going to be drained and covered up for the year. Will post pics come spring when I go and get the garden hoses ran down through for the water. Thanks everyone for the help

If you haven't heard. Anyone in the UK needs to keep ducks/chickens and geese inside and safe. Water and food must be kept away from wild birds for 30 days! Keep an eye for any signs of illness and report any dead bird/duck. Read the link below for more details.

Mine are still tucked up in bed but come sunrise they'll be moved to the stables with fresh bedding/water and clean containers. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38231416

Last edited:
Hi I brought some khaki Campbell's yesterday this is my first time having this breed I don't know how old they are I was wondering can anyone tell by these pictures and what sexes they are will try and get better pics soon

Back
Top Bottom