The Duck Thread

They tried finding them. What are the odds of two boxes not showing up? The one with heatpack has ducklings/Chicks and theres like 18 or 20 in it. I talked to ideal heat pads last for 60 hours so 4 am tomorrow and I might have them by 7 if they come on first truck but they haven't even gotten to Pittsburgh yet. The other one I was able to pay for express so it should have gotten here today they don't know where it is and theres only 6 chicks in it so odds are not looking good with a snow storm coming. Nice weather all week till now. I give up I think. I'll be at post office at 630 am tomorrow waiting.
how stressful!! and sad!

This is really too much. The USPS should be doing better than this. I sure hope they make it to you by early morning.
hugs.gif

They tried finding them. What are the odds of two boxes not showing up? The one with heatpack has ducklings/Chicks and theres like 18 or 20 in it. I talked to ideal heat pads last for 60 hours so 4 am tomorrow and I might have them by 7 if they come on first truck but they haven't even gotten to Pittsburgh yet. The other one I was able to pay for express so it should have gotten here today they don't know where it is and theres only 6 chicks in it so odds are not looking good with a snow storm coming. Nice weather all week till now. I give up I think. I'll be at post office at 630 am tomorrow waiting.

I'm so sorry this kind of thing had to happen
hugs.gif
. Prayers and hugs for you

sad.png

Good luck! Keep us posted!
M

Had a hatcher full of chicks and these two little darlings from Morris and Maggie....

This one tried to pip in the narrow end of the egg...had to help it out.

Morris and the girls headed to the garden and their tank.

So sorry yooper. All of my shipments came from Metzer and shipped on a Monday most in early April to Montana (so fairly cold). Just trying to get a little perspective. My first brood came with 11 assorted ducklings. With > 10, they don't include a heat pack as the 'lings were expected to be self sustaining. This was right around the time that the PO's service on poultry degraded (it really did, I am in the mailing industry and a lot of changes were made at that time.) Then "normal" was poultry shipped Monday and showed up Wednesday morning. They never had gro-gel and they did just fine living off their yolk sacks. I ordered gro-gel additionally just in case and it was a good thing I did. They showed up Thursday and I was terrified for them. They all made it but one was weak (but that was due to constipation). There was an error in my order so Metzer shipped me my remaining duck (along with another companion to act as a packing peanut). This shipment had gotten a heating pad and gro-gel. The heating pad because there were only 2 (they also tape shut most of the holes on the box) and the gro-gel because by then Metzer started shipping gro-gell standard. This one actually did arrive on Wednesday. Since then, I have gotten two more shipments: one with 2 ducklings and one with 3. They both shipped with heating pads and gro-gel and they both arrived on Thursday with happy lively ducks. All of my receipt days were below 20F but they went into a heated car right away from the PO. I think the first 3 days, they live on their yolk sacks, day 4 they live on gro-gel and day 5 they go hungry, but a couple hours of hungry should be ok, so as long as they arrive tomorrow, I would be optimistic. I don't know how much more fragile the BEIs are.

My thoughts are with you and your ducklings/chicks.
fl.gif
hugs.gif
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom