The Duck Thread

Sorry @yoopergirl1211 . This must be so stressful. Mine arrived a day late too. There were three ducks in it; one didn't make it.
sad.png
The other two are happy and healthy
But because your box has 20 birds, not 3, I think there's a much better chance of survival. Wherever they are, I hope they're okay.
hugs.gif

HI, I'm fairly new to incubating also. If this were mine I think id wait until it broke into the air cell or day 25 which ever came first. I do not think it would hurt anything to lock down now. But you can not candle after they go into lockdown. Good luck and keep us posted

Linda
Thankyou for replying! I put it into lockdown the duckling is a good size and very active so I think it'll be ok. I have 2 khaki duck eggs on day 27 which are rocking like mad so they shouldn't be to long
1f423.png

This is all I have on it. And the last one on the 6th was computer generated not actually scanned.

UGh! That is so frustrating. I can only imagine how livid I would be. They are supposed to be better than that with live animals. I'm so sorry and am praying for you and all those lil ones. Makes me sick considering I just got a package (regular order, not birds) from Canada, that's not even in the same country and they got here in 4 days and had to be transferred from ups to regular post.It's just ridiculous to me. I'm wondering if something was going on and they didn't actually get shipped, a glitch at hatchery or something..Cuz they send the shipping info by computer to set up shipment and do an actual scan when it gets picked up/drop off at post office. Did they ever get an actual scan or just the computerized shipping info?

Last edited:
That made me spit soda out of my mouth and smile anyway. Thanks, not sure how either.
You would know spraddle leg, it looks like their doing the permanent splits. It isn't highly likely, but it is usually caused by an unstable/slippery surface in the first few days of life so with a longer ship, and perhaps rough handling since obviously someone doesn't have a clue it might be a little more likely. That was just an example of why some wrap might be a good thing to have on hand for a late delivery. This is driving my crazy, how can they not have the birds by now.

Just tried still nothing
I am just amazed at our USPS, these folks get paid great money to deliver our mail, packages and poultry, yet they some how lost a box of peeping ducklings. It is just so hard to believe this. Someone mentioned Amazon well I think the USPS could get some wonderful ideas from Amazon on shipping. These are living animals how sad.
sad.png

You would know spraddle leg, it looks like their doing the permanent splits.  It isn't highly likely, but it is usually caused by an unstable/slippery surface in the first few days of life so with a longer ship, and perhaps rough handling since obviously someone doesn't have a clue it might be a little more likely.  That was just an example of why some wrap might be a good thing to have on hand for a late delivery.  This is driving my crazy, how can they not have the birds by now.

I am waiting to hear from an express delivery driver thats behind because of all the late mail but wont answer the **** phone. Trying to concentrate at work is impossible

Back
Top Bottom