The electric blanket nest

So there egg-topsy revealed that one egg had not made it through the early stages, no visible chick. Second egg had some growth but probably didn't make it much past the day I saw movement and heart beat. Third chick was almost fully developed but something very funky was happening to the yoke the veins appeared to be really tight around it and it was quite bulbous.
Very sad. Hurried them behind the chicken coop where their parents met their match too.:hit

Time has passed and we have become a rescue home for one chook who wasn't wanted, hopefully she will have a pen mate tomorrow. Here we go again :)

DI'd
This is not something I have found a tread on yet. My whole flock of four was taken out, suspected by a fox :(
All that remained were three blue eggs (Arucana they will be mixed, rooster was mixed).

In a crazy attempt to carry the lineage of my oldest birds, still young, first eggs. I carried the eggs home in a fleece jumper and sat them on my electric blanket where they have been for 13 days so far. The blanket is set to high, I've tried on the middle setting but the eggs cooled right off so it's back on high. We have had one 20 min power cut but all seems good. My plush Tigger teddy is sitting on the eggs.

I have tried to source an incubator and don't have the money or the intention to invest in purchasing one so I wait.

Today I candled and got a clear look into one of the eggs and was able to see the chick moving inside :)

Who knows how this will end but for today there is hope.
it work???

Back
Top Bottom