The escaped chicken integration

Adding a rooster is an easy integration. I have never had a problem adding a rooster. It is the easiest single bird integration you can do. I am always amazed when people report on here that they had trouble.

But a single hen is a different game. If you have a lot of space, it might not be much of a deal, but I would expect a single stranger to take a lot of abuse.

Mrs K

Ok My husband let her out and watched her there were about ten polish eating she went and ate with them no one cared , then my golden laced wyondotte named little who’s pretty much top dog walked up and tried to fight her so my husband separated them before they could fight then two orpingtons came and the rooster was coming so my husband put her back , so I thought ok I’ll stick one Orpington in there , she’s like the middle of the flock in order. I put her in there she was calm , then they started to fight and the escapee won fast and the Orpington walked away and tried to get out and my husband felt bad and said that was chicken abuse and took her back out lol so no progress

Yes he’s worried about our regular bird because she’s used to having the run of the place and I locked her up in there with a mean chicken and she was trapped getting beat up that’s how he sees it , our chickens we’ve raised since babies this is just a new chicken lol but the new chicken can hold her own with all of them except maybe two pullets and the Cockerel
She’s tough

No they were locked in a little makeshift pen together because I had put the new chicken in there inside the coop so everyone could see her and meet her and someone ( mis k I think) suggested I put one of my birds in there with her then in a week put two more in there with her then in a week let all four out so the new chicken wouldn’t be let out with 30 to 1 odds but I can’t do that to my chicken

A lot of overthinking here
They are gonna fight her tomorrow or the next day or whenever you intigrate them
1 hen alone is hard to do she's gonna get beatup

Back
Top Bottom