The experiment begins! How many eggs can you save from a single hen.

Quote:
what kind of temp issues and when? low or high? max. min?

I have an LG, its in the closet and stays within a range. I do see temp bumps, early on and when I remove the turner. I now almost think the first bump is from when they actually start to "cook" and develop. imho.

be wondering right along with ya today, good luck.

Yes please keep us posted
smile.png

Quote:
what kind of temp issues and when? low or high? max. min?

Hi and low. I got home from work one day and it had been 105 but I don't know for how long and it has gotten as low as 94, but I don't think for too long. I'm building a new bator after this hatch and I won't start again until I have done extensive testing on keeping a level temp.

Truth is it wouldn't surprise me if the hatch went either way.

Last edited:
I just got off work and the count is now 9 of 15 with at least 2 more pipped and ready to roll. Since I was advised, early in the thread that eggs can be saved for up to a week, I am ready to call this experiment a success.

I also have a bit a a surprise to add to the mix. The day before I set this hatch Mrs Delmar came home with a duck egg to throw in the bator. Then two days after I set the eggs I got another blue egg from my EE which I decided to throw in since the bator was going to have to run longer to accommodate the duck egg.

Back
Top Bottom