The Fab Fifteen!

I currently have 3 LF layers, 1 bantam satin hen, 3 eight week teenagers and 2 tiny peepers.

I downsized a little a few weeks back, but chicken math is really catching up to me again 😂

Maybe you could get a few bantams to have indoors? I’m planning on getting some bantam welsummers soon. I hear they lay quite well for a bantam and are fairly small (though not as small as the other bantams). There’s one member on here who even keeps her indoor in a rabbit hutch!

Oh! you’re in NY too :O where did you buy your chicks from?
I wouldn’t mind a few bantams inside with us! To convince DH....😂

We got our chicks from Catch a Torii farm in Clifton Springs. Although the owner was a bit flighty with messages (he works full time in addition to running the hatchery), he was super nice and doesn’t kill the males of sexed hatches. He was extremely friendly when we got there, and we will probably order from him again in the spring. Might get some hatching eggs from him as well! The farm is about halfway between Syracuse & Rochester if that is near you at all.

Field trip outside!

Attachments

• DFEE4DA6-971A-4B7B-91A3-B00AA2DE4753.jpeg
    DFEE4DA6-971A-4B7B-91A3-B00AA2DE4753.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
d’awwwwww, look at all the little fluff butts! That’s a genius idea with the netting. I just ordered a bird net to go over my veggie garden, will definitely be stealing your idea and snipping some off some for an outdoor pen now, haha.

Im sooooo far away from syracuse. I’m in Orange county :’)
Ohhh you’re downstate. There were a few hatcheries I found down that way when I was googling, where do you usually get your chicks?

Ohhh you’re downstate. There were a few hatcheries I found down that way when I was googling, where do you usually get your chicks?
No one’s near me :hit which hatcheries did you find? I know there’s one near me that sells silkies...

My first batch were 5 chicks from TSC.

Then 3 satin/silkies from CL, two of those silkies/satins died from predator and illness.

In late spring this year, the remaining satin went broody and hatched some Delaware eggs I got from my friend. I gave those chicks away.

Last month I got 3 D’uccle/mixes and some bantam hatching eggs, both from CL, though not the same people.

There’s another hatchery near me, across the border in NJ. V&R homestead I think it’s called. They have a good variety of hatching eggs. That’s where I’m going to go for bantam welsummers!

No such thing as stalking when it comes to new baby chickies! Thank you on the names compliment! I had some help from the family, we had a notebook with ideas and descriptions of each chick (our first babies so everyone was super in to it!) My daughter finally decided on Macaroni (for the unknown named chick). I think it’s a perfect name! Yankee Doodle/stuck a feather in his cap, and called it Macaroni, and she has white feathering on her head! (Plus Macaroni is an adorable name anyway). Daffodil has her name because of the slight gold flower pattern above her eyes, Peaches is orange, Crouton is brown/gold. Naming with coloring/pattern works! Clover is my favorite, and although she is chocolate brown, she is an EE with greenish legs so I’m PRAYING she lays green eggs which would go so cute with her name! Lucky Clover! 🍀
I love Macaroni! My daughter had a cockatiel named Macaroni 😄... and he could say his name💕 Maybe your daughter can teach her chicken the say Macaroni 😍

Back
Top Bottom