The Family in Fairhaven MA fighting to keep chickens

katelevin

Hatching
11 Years
Apr 16, 2008
Hi all
I am Kate Vliet, the mom of the family in Fairhaven, MA fighting to keep our laying hens. I want to say thank you to all of you for your support. THis has been an excruciating year fighting with the Town and it's not over yet. The media got involved once the Town decided to file a motion to force us to remove the birds (after they were here for 15 months) while we awaited the courts decision (which is meant to happen by January...just 5 more months)
I can only speculate why the Town is choosing to push this issue when it does not seem to be what the community as a whole wants. At this point given all we have endured (Emotionally and financially) we are hopeful that we will win the case in court but further that there will be changes made to the Board of Health Rules and Regulations to prevent ayone else from having to go through this.
I am happy to talk to anyone about our situation who is interested especially if you are facing a simliar situation. I have done a ton of research !!
Please email me off list to be sure I get in touch with you promptly..between a 3year old, a dozen hens and the current legal rigamiroll I don't always remember to check these lists!!
Thank you again for all of your support and before I forget, there is another poll in the local paper..go here to vote:

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=TOWN03

Scroll down the page about half way and you will see "Todays Poll" on the right under the 2 photos of the reporters blogs.
Thanks again for your support, you have no idea how much is means to us!!
Best to you all
Peace
Kate

Oooh!! Almost forgot
my email address if you want to contact me is:
[email protected]
Please no spam or BS...my plate is already too full!!
smile.png

Kate

It's the "Snob" factor at work again...
Having chickens and "farm" animals, the nouveau riche seem to think it brings down property values and makes it hard to sell their McMansions...

Lots of folks have had neighbour problems, me included...but I am able to keep my birds...

Hi, Is there a way to vote on that poll? I tried running my mouse over it, and it doesn't look clickable. Is it open to only locals? thanks
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom