The First Hatch of 2010 with the Albino Button (picture heavy)

citalk2much

Twilight Blessings Farm
11 Years
Dec 22, 2008
GR MI: TN bound!
The first button of 2010

20051_img_4546.jpg

its a albino

20051_img_4565.jpg

20051_img_4585.jpg

and the whole group two Golden Red Breasted and two Red Breasted with the albino

20051_img_4593.jpg

one week old with the Golden Pearl chick hatched yesterday

20051_img_4652.jpg

and I can't forget my BEI awwww there are still 3 more I am hoping make it

20051_img_4659.jpg

oh and the best TV in the house quail TV

20051_img_4588.jpg

Last edited:
Oh Wow!
Would it be one of those Fallow (pink eye) birds you mentioned the other day? or do you think it is a true Albino?

That is still up in the air though I am thinkng it is a true albino I may ask my vet to look at it as he is darn good with these type of things and he would be the albino pro he has a son that is albino

and Youi I think it is truly blind

Hmmm... I dont know if your a serious breeder or a hobby breeder
hide.gif
so what will you do with a blind bird? Cull or keep as a non breeding pet?
As a breeder it would be taking up room, and feed, and you wouldnt be likely to breed it would you?
Or would you breed it as a mutation and try to get healthy non vision impaired Albinos?

Sorry just curious what other people would do? I would probably keep it as a non breeding pet if it was healthy and not suffering from lack of sight...

I only cull if they are suffering and this little one is doing just fine, I will not breed it and for that matter the two quails that breed it are not together anymore as I do not want this popping up again. This was the first time I had these two mated, I had a pink eye chick last year and was unsure where it came from so it may be a pink eye I have never seen them in white the one last year was a red breasted. I don't mind feed a little bird in the scheme of things it is not really that much food. I would say I am a hobby breeder as I only have a max of 10 breeding pairs per year, scale way down in the winter and build back up in the spring. I sell off the extra birds that I don't want to breed and I do it for the fun cuz it is sure not for the money lol

Back
Top Bottom