The Fricken Chicken story!

Pics

Mmanist

Crowing
Jul 20, 2018
Ohio
My Coop
My Coop
I figured in my free time, might as well do something, other than watch TV. So why not talk about my lovely flock. They make me giggle daily with their antics. Be it, jumping my garden fence, raiding my mint bed, pooping on my porch, narrowly escaping predator, or generally being their chickeny-selves. I love my flock of randomness. So yins can learn to love them too!

So good morning from my Fricken Chickens!
20200706_093118.jpg

Give me some time, and I'll post pictures of them all. Some are young and still have no names or gender identity. I'll try to post daily, so we can watch these beautiful chicks grow into lovely ladies and gentlemen. Dont mind the haphazard fence job. I was trying to keep my seabrights from jumping the fence, without wing clipping. The couldn't fly over the fence anymore. So they just learn to fly onto the coop door and over the fence. Little bratts...

Falkor
My big beautiful EE boy. We started off butting heads, when he first come here... He like to sneak up from behind and spur me. We get along now.. For the most part.. :lau He has earned his right to live out his days with me. I've seen him fight of racoons, hawks, and he saved his GF Goldie from a coyote. He is an excellent protector, and throws the most stunning hatches. He is also great with the young chicks.
20200623_063550.jpg
20200624_154605.jpg
20200418_094035.jpg

Cooper
Cooper is also Falkor's daughter. She is hatch mate with Owlly, but from my hen Roodi. She got her name from her stunning cooper eye brows. Which are pretty hard to get pictures of. I had Coopers full sister, Blue (she had silver eyebrows). But sadly I lost Blue to a coyote last month. I lost Cooper and Blues mother, Roodi to a racoon breach in the coop. I miss Blue and Roodi. They was my favorites
20200706_103049.jpg

Rori
Rori, is one of my originals. After me and my family settled into the house we are in, I had a empty shed that stored my garden tools. Then my friend who has chickens, brought me Rori, Ruby, and Roodi in 2018. 3 young pullets, that restarted chicken keeping. Rori has brooded chicks every year for me. I just love her. She is a great mother, and such a ham.
20200706_104442.jpg
20200706_104748.jpg

Goldie
Goldie come after my first 3 pullets. I think she is a RIR. She has been through a lot in her short life. She recently was attacked by a coyote, and still recovering. She is always trailing behind everyone else. So she gets targeted by predators, more than my EEs. She is such a laid back hen. Lays me some giant brown eggs too!
20200706_102926.jpg

That is my grown, standard flock. They are all special, in their own ways. I can't wait for my only chick from Rori and Falkor to grow out. Im crossing my fingers for another pullet.
Cassin
Cassin got the name, from the Cassin Auklet bird. Come on Cassin be a pullet! I giggle over them white brows! :lau
20200701_083616.jpg

Cassin auklet bird :lau
cassins_auk.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom